[Solved]Problem with volunteers.joomla.org and banned IP

Here you can contact the editors of our Resources site, as well as access infomation relating to this site.
Sulpher
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

[Solved]Problem with volunteers.joomla.org and banned IP

Post by Sulpher » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:23 pm

I'm unable to open any volunteers.joomla.org resource. It seems my IP is blocked at server side after some actions which I'll describe below. There is no ping to volunteers.joomla.org subdomain.

It all happen when I tried to save "Joomla story" page. I got a message: "403 server error" or something like that - just typical server error. I was surprised. Clicked "back" button in browser and tried to save the page once again. Got the same error. I've tried once more several times to repeat saving the page and, as a result, all Joomla resources located on the same server with volunteers resource cannot be opened. I suppose there is something like Fail2Ban defense on server side and my IP was blocked automatically after several attempts to save the page since the system considered it as an attempt of hacking.
I'm requesting to remove my IP from ban list and asking to check out edit mode in user profile at volunteers.joomla.org.
I'm ready to send my IP via PM.

Could anybody help me with this issue?
Joomla! extensions & ecommerce pluginshttps://norrnext.com

Unofficial Joomla channel on Telegram - @joomlahub
Follow me on Twitter: @sulpher

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Problem with volunteers.joomla.org and banned IP

Post by mandville » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:24 pm

it was found that bb code set off the 403 trap, could it be that?
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

Sulpher
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Sulpher » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:28 pm

I was supposed the WYSIWYG editor is disabled and posted text in html format consisting <p> and <a> tags. No another tags were used.

Sulpher
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Sulpher » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:40 pm

The problem is solved. Topic might be closed. Thanks!

vuicomcom
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: [Solved]Problem with volunteers.joomla.org and banned IP

Post by vuicomcom » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:40 am

Sulpher wrote:I'm unable to open any volunteers.joomla.org resource. It seems my IP is blocked at server side after some actions which I'll describe below. There is no ping to volunteers.joomla.org subdomain.

It all happen when I tried to save "Joomla story" page. I got a message: "403 server error" or something like that - just typical server error. I was surprised. Clicked "back" button in browser and tried to save the page once again. Got the same error. I've tried once more several times to phim sex repeat saving the page and, as a result, all Joomla resources located on the same server with volunteers resource cannot be opened. I suppose there is something like Fail2Ban defense on server side and my IP was blocked automatically after several attempts to save the page since the system considered it as an attempt of hacking.
I'm requesting to remove my IP from ban list and asking to check out edit mode in user profile at volunteers.joomla.org.
I'm ready to send my IP via PM.

Could anybody help me with this issue?
I also encountered a similar problem, thank you

Soren Jensen
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: [Solved]Problem with volunteers.joomla.org and banned IP

Post by Soren Jensen » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:28 am

I am locking this topic as it does not belong here in the Resources Directory Forum.
Soren Beck Jensenhttp://www.component-creator.com/ - Build Joomla Components fast and easy

Return to “resources.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”