Hide Article title in joomla 1.6

KKeys
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Hide Article title in joomla 1.6

Post by KKeys » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:59 am

I read elsewhere that the article titles only appear from the admin login in the front -end (where you also see the edit icon with the article.) I puclished my site briefly (setting "site-offline" to No in the global config) and the article titles don't appear to the public when all other settings to hide article titles are activated. It looks like Joomla just automatically puts the article titles up for the admin front-end view!

Hope this helps!

monsieurlesage
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by monsieurlesage » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:19 am

go to menus, then main menu, then click on your home page to open the edit mode; on the right hand side, you will see the options. click on the articles options, which will collapse the layout options. the first thing that shows in the article options is the show title; you can then click the drop down to hide, show, use global. hope this helps.

note: I am working with joomla 1.7

karlcallus
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by karlcallus » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:44 am

monsieurlesage wrote:go to menus, then main menu, then click on your home page to open the edit mode; on the right hand side, you will see the options. click on the articles options, which will collapse the layout options. the first thing that shows in the article options is the show title; you can then click the drop down to hide, show, use global. hope this helps.

note: I am working with joomla 1.7
If this worked we would not be writing here ;-)

monsieurlesage
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by monsieurlesage » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:46 pm

wow! cutting deep aren't you?...anyway

if it did not work for me, I would not be writing here, trying to help other people the same way I have been helped...

knotworking
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by knotworking » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:51 pm

I think this is on topic...

I was having the same problem, used JUpgrade to migrate to 1.7.3 and all my imported articles display the Browser Page Title in an H1 on the page, even though I have Show Page Heading set to "No" and my Global Articles setting for Show Title set to "No." I did not change any menu settings, just saved the menu item, and the H1 disappeared. Obviously, something has changed in the way JUpgrade imports menu items and the way the menus work.

I went into the database for the Menu Item, in the Menu table, the Params setting for an old item looks like this:

Code: Select all

{"show_noauth":"","show_title":"","link_titles":"","show_intro":"","show_section":"","link_section":"","show_category":"",
"link_category":"","show_author":"","show_create_date":"","show_modify_date":"","show_item_navigation":"",
"show_readmore":"","show_vote":"","show_icons":"","show_pdf_icon":"","show_print_icon":"","show_email_icon":"","show_hits":"",
"feed_summary":"","page_title":"MY PAGE TITLE","show_page_title":0,"pageclass_sfx":"","menu_image":"","secure":0}
After I save it (and the H1 disappears), it now looks like this:

{"show_title":"","link_titles":"","show_intro":"","show_category":"","link_category":"","show_parent_category":"",
"link_parent_category":"","show_author":"","link_author":"","show_create_date":"","show_modify_date":"","show_publish_date":"",
"show_item_navigation":"","show_vote":"","show_icons":"","show_print_icon":"","show_email_icon":"","show_hits":"",
"show_noauth":"","menu-anchor_title":"","menu-anchor_css":"","menu_image":"","menu_text":1,"page_title":"MY PAGE TITLE",
"show_page_heading":0,"page_heading":"","pageclass_sfx":"","menu-meta_description":"","menu-meta_keywords":"","robots":"",
"secure":0,"mega_showtitle":"1","mega_desc":"","mega_cols":"1","mega_group":"0","mega_width":"","mega_colw":"","mega_colxw":"",
"mega_class":"","mega_subcontent":"0"}
After fooling around a little, I found this item is the one that is missing from the old params that hides the title:

"show_page_heading":0
Now, how to fix it? I have over 700 menu items so, manually saving every one in the backend would take forever. Here's what I did (if you want to try it, be safe, MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR MENU TABLE). Logged-in to PHPMyAdmin. First, I made sure I could find all the items missing the setting:

SELECT id FROM `g1tjr_menu` WHERE `params` not LIKE "%show_page_heading%"
If that looks good, strip the last character off the fields (the } character).

UPDATE `g1tjr_menu` SET `params` = SUBSTRING(`params`, 1, CHAR_LENGTH(`params`) - 1) WHERE `params` NOT LIKE "%show_page_heading%"
And, finally, run this query:

UPDATE `g1tjr_menu` SET `params` = CONCAT(`params`, ',"show_page_heading":0}') WHERE `params` NOT LIKE "%show_page_heading%"
I rebuilt the menus again in the backend with no problems. Fixed all my pages. Hope this helps someone.....

bhegeta
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bhegeta » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:20 pm

I've also tried to no avail:

article Manager-properties - show Title: Hide
article Manager - Global Properties - Show Title: Hide
Menu item Manager: Article Options - Show Title: Hide
and Menu Manager: Edit Menu Item - Page Display Options - Show Page Heading: No

KKeys simply solved my problem.

I then realized it was because I was logged into the front-end as an admin, in which the site will still show you the titles of the article/page in case you need to know it for editing purposes... even if it is hidden. When viewing the page as a normal member or someone not logged in, you will not see the title.

drjonz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by drjonz » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:21 am

I used vuperda's CSS idea to hide my titles. Nothing that I did worked.

It was fine under 1.5. Used jUpgrade 2.5 beta 4 and a fresh 2.5 install. That was the only hiccup but it cost me a day of Googling.

Oh, and I also had to change every menu item to set page display to no. Just used a SQL query to do that. What a pain.

reynewrey
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by reynewrey » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:16 am

try this:

Edit Menu Item -> Page Display Options -> Show Page Heading and set 'No'.

nagate816
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by nagate816 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:38 pm

Just in case none of the answers above fixes someone problem with the page title I will post what fixed it for me. I had 2 sites that I had updated (with JUpgrade) and in both cases the Page titles were showing on all pages. I followed all of the advice above to no avail.

On the Menu Item there is an option under "Page Display Options" called "Show Page Heading" that was set to "Yes". I had looked at that earler and thought that it was related to the page title listed in the browser window (which I did want to display). But when I set it to "No", the Page title still shows up in the Browser window heading AND the page title does not show up on the page.

Hope this is helpful to someone.

Neil

cyburgDOTeu
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by cyburgDOTeu » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:52 pm

willisetech
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by willisetech » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:26 am

cyburgDOTeu wrote:I posted the solution here: http://blog.cyburg.eu/2012/02/27/fixed_ ... oomla_bug/
Thank you. This solution fixed the problem for me.

tonyworship
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by tonyworship » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:13 am

Here it is Joomla peeps... There's been a ton of upgrades since 1.6 and this bug still exists.. are you aware of this? can someone please report this to the proper peeps to get rid of this please? Picture below:

In all article settings and menu settings, i checked "hide article title"... (the actual article title of this page is LOGIN | REGISTRATION).. that is correctly hidden.. this is some bug that i see on all my joomla sites , some lame title thing that reads "ARTICLES
".. and there is no way to get rid of it.

Yes, I can hack the core code, in the language file and then go mess with the css, but i don't want to mess with the css, because i use H1 tags elsewhere on the site.

Someone please submit this to the proper peeps to rid of this bug.
thanks

I did however just find this...
http://www.cmsmind.com/joomla-remove-h1-tag-articles/
This should help or now until resolved without hacking the core

PixelMonsters
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by PixelMonsters » Tue May 08, 2012 3:23 am

reynewrey wrote:try this:

Edit Menu Item -> Page Display Options -> Show Page Heading and set 'No'.

Worked like a charm I am running Joomla! 2.5.4
I had it set to Show Page Heading and set 'No' all ready so I enabled it, saved i, then disabled it, saved it and it removed the article link.

Thank you hope this helps some one. :)

tonyworship
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by tonyworship » Tue May 08, 2012 3:33 am

this post isn't about hiding the simple article titles, that's easy and noobs can do it.. it's about hiding the "Article Heading" that happens when you try to link a page that's not assigned to a menu item... above the article title (that is hidden correctly already) shows a heading named "ARTICLES".

Angola
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Angola » Sat May 12, 2012 11:25 am

cyburgDOTeu wrote:I posted the solution here: http://blog.cyburg.eu/2012/02/27/fixed_ ... oomla_bug/
Thank you. This solution is what I needed!

ISScyborg
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ISScyborg » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:05 am

I hide only article title(before i inserted display:none; into contentheading and hide some titles which i didnt want)

I went on language-->en-GB-->en-GB.ini--> and delete Articles from constant: JGLOBAL_ARTICLES="Articles"

Jarod545
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Jarod545 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:42 am

thank you cyburgDOTeu for the solution this was a bug i did what was mentioned:

Suppression of name “Articles” (JGLOBAL_ARTICLES). This bug occurs when you create when you make a link that points to an article and not a menu item. The simplest way to fix this, without modifying the source code would be to go to : Extensions->Language Manager , then click on the Overrides tab, then select a language on the right e.g. ” English (UK) site ” and click on new and set the “Language Constant” to “JGLOBAL_ARTICLES” and leave the “text” field empty, and save&close. Do this for the remaining languages(if there are any) and it should work.

sirrocky
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by sirrocky » Thu May 02, 2013 9:33 pm

The above post worked for me, thx
Last edited by sirrocky on Thu May 02, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sirrocky
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by sirrocky » Thu May 02, 2013 9:34 pm

The above post worked for me, thx

rutin
I've been banned!

Post by rutin » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:24 pm

ខ្ញុំកំពុងតែព្យាយាមប្រើប្រាស់អត្ថបទមួយក្នុងការបង្កើតទំព័រអ្នកប្រើអាចកែសម្រួលបានពាក់កណ្តាលឋិតិវន្តដូចដែលខ្ញុំតែងតែធ្វើនៅក្នុងកំណែមុន (បង្កើតអត្ថបទបន្ថែមទៅម៉ឺនុយដ៏សំខាន់ជា "អត្ថបទតែមួយ" សម្រាប់តំណ) ។ បញ្ហាមួយគឺថានៅពេលនេះដែលជាកន្លែងដែលខ្ញុំមាន <jdoc: រួមបញ្ចូលទាំងប្រភេទ = "សមាសភាគ" /> ក្នុងពុម្ពនេះវាបានបន្ថែមមួយដែលមានទំហំធំ <H1> អត្ថបទ </ H1> នៅផ្នែកខាងលើនៃទំព័រដែលជាកន្លែងដែលវាមិនដែលមុននេះ។ ខ្ញុំបានព្យាយាមបិទអ្វីគ្រប់យ៉ាងដែលខ្ញុំអាចរកបាននៅក្នុងជម្រើសអត្ថបទនោះទេប៉ុន្តែខ្ញុំមិនអាចទទួលបានវាឱ្យទៅឆ្ងាយ។z

Return to “Khmer Forum”