Unable to hide parent title "Articles" in page heading

Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: SOLVED: Unable to hide parent title "Articles" in page h

Post by avatarzan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:35 am

dannycool wrote:Sarah is correct about changing it from the backend. She said

Go to Menus > Menu Manager > Options button (top right) > Page Display Options and set set to No.

I had the same prob. Even though the Page Display Option was already yet to NO, you must still click on SAVE which triggers the option so that the ARTICLES title disappears.. So dont be fooled by the fact that Page Display Option was already yet to NO. Still click on save. And the ARTICLE title will disappear form the page in question. No need to hack joomla.

rutin
I've been banned!

Re: Unable to hide parent title "Articles" in page heading

Post by rutin » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:35 am

នៅដើមសប្តាហ៍នេះខ្ញុំបានធ្វើចំណាកស្រុកមកពីវែបសាយរបស់ Joomla 1.5 ទៅកាន់ 2.5 ដែលជារឿងដំបូងដែលខ្ញុំត្រូវធ្វើគឺបិទចំណងជើងទំព័រដូច្នេះពួកគេមិនបានបង្ហាញខ្លួននៅលើអត្ថបទពិតប្រាកដនៅកំពូល។
ប៉ុន្តែនៅលើជុំឡា 1.5 ខ្ញុំមានចំណងជើងអត្ថបទបង្ហាញថាជាចំណងជើងទំព័រកម្មវិធីរុករកដូច្នេះពិតប្រាកដ "< title >" ក្បាលមិនមែននៅលើកំពូលនៃមាតិកានៃអត្ថបទនេះ។
ឥឡូវនេះខ្ញុំមើលឃើញគឺមានវិធីមួយដើម្បីកំណត់វាដោយដៃនៅក្រោមធាតុម៉ឺនុយគ្នាក្រោម "Page Display Options" > "Browser Page Title"
ប៉ុន្តែគឺវាមានការកំណត់ដើម្បីបង្ហាញចំណងជើងអត្ថបទដោយស្វ័យប្រវត្តិថាជាចំណងជើងនៃទំព័រកម្មវិធីរុករកជំនួសឱ្យការបញ្ចូលមួយគ្នាដោយដៃដូចជារូបខ្ញុំនេះជាប្រភេទនៃការបរាជ័យគោលបំណងនៃការយ៉ាងណាក៏ដោយការដាក់ចំណងជើងនៅលើអត្ថបទក្នុងកន្លែងដំបូងសម្រាប់ខ្ញុំនេះ។
សង្ឃឹមថានរណាម្នាក់អាចជួយ

charliewhiskey
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by charliewhiskey » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:29 pm

saraheagle wrote:Good News,
You can now choose by default whether to show the Page Heading or not. Works on J 2.5.4.

Go to Menus > Menu Manager > Options button (top right) > Page Display Options and set set to No.

Big thanks to the Joomla team for implementing this :)
be sure to remember that if you are seeing the title and this is already set to "NO", Set it to yes, save, then again to no, save. Gone!

Hellen VH
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Hellen VH » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:50 pm

Thanks Erickas for your help! I created a hidden menu item and I copy the link and add &Itemid=
and then the number of the hidden menu to the URL and it worked like a charm on my 404-page for Joomla 3.3.6

index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11&Itemid=110

:laugh: Hellen.

NivF007
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: SOLVED: Unable to hide parent title "Articles" in page h

Post by NivF007 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:59 am

I had the same prob. Even though the Page Display Option was already yet to NO, you must still click on SAVE which triggers the option so that the ARTICLES title disappears.. So dont be fooled by the fact that Page Display Option was already yet to NO. Still click on save. And the ARTICLE title will disappear form the page in question. No need to hack joomla.
Worked for me. Thanks Sarah - you are a life saver :) - this quirk was driving me nuts.

SubtleAphex
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by SubtleAphex » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:03 pm

saraheagle wrote:Good News,
You can now choose by default whether to show the Page Heading or not. Works on J 2.5.4.

Big thanks to the Joomla team for implementing this :)
At first this wasn't working in my case, even after switching between saving Yes and No under the unpublished menu item - Show Page Heading option. I then looked for something in global settings (Control Panel - Global - Menus) and found Show Page Heading there also. Clicking on save with this set to No resolved the issue for me. The Article heading no longer shows when linking to an unpublished menu article.

exe65
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by exe65 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:31 pm

I tried this and it still doesn't work. Any ideas ?
saraheagle wrote:

I have flagged this problem in this post
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=624&t=697131

To fix you need ftp into your files.
- Copy \components\com_content\views\article\tmpl\default.php
- And paste the file into \templates\**your template**\html\com_content\article
- Open it/download it to edit it and look for <?php if ($this->params->get('show_page_heading', 1)) : ?>
- Change the 1 to a 0 save and upload if necessary

DTMOC
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: SOLVED: Unable to hide parent title "Articles" in page headi

Post by DTMOC » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:57 pm

Wow - 7ish years later and still a "bug".

Simply clicking save without any other changes "fixed" the issue after much frustration and time trying to troubleshoot. Really JOOMLA? Get these quirks fixed! It's what makes people look to other CMSs (not that they don't have their quirks) - but Joomla is better than this!

THANKS for posting this "silly" fix!

Return to “Khmer Forum”