Joomla Editor Problem

Need help with a WYSIWYG-editor in Joomla! 1.0.x? This is the place to be.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
rickamk
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joomla Editor Problem

Post by rickamk » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:48 pm

I Have problems with showing Joomla Content Editor(s). I have installed Joomla 1.0.13 in Apache Web Server.
When I am opening some content item in the Text Area for message I can not see the Editor.
I have installed some other editors (and made the changes for using them in user and global conf.) but with no effects.
I tested to change "initEditor()" in the html template index file , but without any efects.
Does anyone have solution how to fix this error!?

JS Error:
TMEdit/JCE... is not definedhttp://[domain]/administrator/index2.php?option=com_content&sectionid=1&task=edit&hidemainmenu=1&id=147Line 348
Last edited by rickamk on Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pschaffi
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Joomla Editor Problem

Post by pschaffi » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:42 pm

Hi ..

Have the same problem...  what I found out, it is not Joomla, as it works fine on a different computer...

It works on a Win2000 computer at work.. however at home, WinXP it does not work..      although sometimes, after I have done some other stuff, it works. 

Does it have to do something with JAVA or Javascript ?  do I have to install some special software on my computer ?

any help would be highly appreciated..
thanks,
Peter

DjLeo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by DjLeo » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:03 am

any help with this??? i'm having the same problem.

thanks

pschaffi
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by pschaffi » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:11 am

what helped me.. (well just for Internet Explorer.. still have some problems with Firefox browser)

I deleted all entries in the browser..  (Cookies, History, ...)  restarted my computer and it worked...    :D

just try that...  let me know if it worked for you too...  :-\

Peter

http://www.thingsyousawinamovie.com

DjLeo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by DjLeo » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:33 am

Ok here is... searching around i found the answer: i forgot add the editor for my username (admin), after do this i tried again and i didn't see any change but this because i was trying the same browser, i came here to this post and read pschaffi post so i switched to another browser and i got the change the jce ecitor came up

thanks for the help

mojokissphoto
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mojokissphoto » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:03 am

good news!!!

here's the best I've found to do -

it was mentioned above -

go in user management area and click on a user. select the editor in that area (jce)

as long as it is installed right - with both files in place, it should work -

and best of all... YOU CAN UPLOAD PICTURES TO BLOGS!!!!!

Mahones
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Mahones » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:58 am

This saved my life!! I was having a heck of a time figuring this one out. Thanks guys!

Mahones

argylematt2008
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by argylematt2008 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:02 am

I had the same problem with the editor not loading properly. However my settings were correct in the global config and also the user account settings. After tearing my hair out for ages, one day I just randomly hit the F5 key and reloaded the page...and it worked, the editor loaded after refreshing the page! This simple solution has worked every time so far. Let me know if it works for you?

kshdzines
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kshdzines » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:53 pm

I am having this same problem with the editor not loading 100%. I have had it happening for weeks. The thing is, I have been working in Joomla for nearly 6 years and never had this problem. I work off of two different servers, both are Linux; one (shared), and one not (dedicated). Seems, on the shared server, the problem does not exist; but, the new ( 2mos old) dedicated server is the one I am having problems with (for last couple of weeks only). I have been doing the " refresh page" thing to get it to fully load. Sure it's a work-around, but its not normal and a designer should not have to " refresh" their page every single time an article, or module, with the WYSIWYG in it fails to load properly. Something is wrong somewhere. I also started using 1.5.20 version of Joomla around the same time this started happening. I do get blessed now-and-again when it will fully load, but at this point, I'm so frustrated with it. Is it Joomla? Is it JCE? Is it the server? what is it?....This is what I came to the forums to find out. Anyone? Any ideas?

sudarshan_86
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by sudarshan_86 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:36 am

i had same problem..but fixed it with replacing editor folder in plugins with fresh editor folder from joomla installation package...

Return to “WYSIWYG Editors - 1.0.x”