JCE Editor mambot and absolute paths in content

Need help with a WYSIWYG-editor in Joomla! 1.0.x? This is the place to be.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Siddan
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

JCE Editor mambot and absolute paths in content

Post by Siddan » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:34 pm

Hello

I really like this editor but I find one thing a bit annoying.
Even though I have selected in mambot settings for JCE to not insert any absolute path along with "img src" for an example, it does it anyways..

Absolute Paths No
Relative URLS Yes

The editor adds the absolute path when I switch from Source to Editor (show/hide)

Is there perhaps yet another settings elsewhere I have to change or something?

thanks
Last edited by Siddan on Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

happy_noodle_boy
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: JCE Editor mambot and absolute paths in content

Post by happy_noodle_boy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:57 pm

JCE does the conversion from absolute to relative urls when the content item is saved. This will change as of 1.2.0 (due out soon), so setting 'Relative URLS to 'Yes' really does work (check your frontpage source).

The 'Absolute Paths' setting doesn't have anything to do with your conent, but is used for JCE's own image, css etc loading. This (it turns out) is best set to 'Yes'. This setting will be removed in the next release.
just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.
http://www.maketradefair.org

Siddan
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Siddan » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:23 pm

Thanks for your reply!
happy_noodle_boy wrote: JCE does the conversion from absolute to relative urls when the content item is saved. This will change as of 1.2.0 (due out soon), so setting 'Relative URLS to 'Yes' really does work (check your frontpage source).
Ah yes you are correct! I only checked in the editor and there it will change to the absolute path. But checking the real source code from the page later it will show that it really is relative.
happy_noodle_boy wrote: The 'Absolute Paths' setting doesn't have anything to do with your conent, but is used for JCE's own image, css etc loading. This (it turns out) is best set to 'Yes'. This setting will be removed in the next release.
Aha that is good to know

Thanks alot

giribabuvpy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by giribabuvpy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:29 am

I am using JCE 1.5.7, I saw there is no settings for 'Absolute' or 'Relative'. I want to change Relative path to Absolute path what I have to do? because, In front end editor does not display Relative path images only absolute. If any other solution let me know. Thanks
Hemanathagiribabu
http://valapady.com

Return to “WYSIWYG Editors - 1.0.x”