Article IDEA: Head to Head comparisons of extensions.

A place to discuss and manage all matters related to the Joomla! Community Magazine.
EMRhelp
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Article IDEA: Head to Head comparisons of extensions.

Post by EMRhelp » Tue May 04, 2010 11:06 pm

I'd like to see honest articles about :

Gallery extensions - pluses and minuses of the most popular ones, etc.
What is the Best Blog ?

porwig
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Article IDEA: Head to Head comparisons of extensions.

Post by porwig » Tue May 04, 2010 11:13 pm

Good news EMRhelp, we have a team of talented volunteers who are committed to delivering exactly what you asked for! They will pick a subject every month and make some evaluations and comparisons. I can't guarantee exactly when they will evaluate the specific categories you mentioned, but I am confident when they publish those reviews that they will be first rate.

Thanks for sharing your article idea!
Paul Orwig

EMRhelp
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by EMRhelp » Tue May 04, 2010 11:30 pm

porwig wrote:Good news EMRhelp, we have a team of talented volunteers who are committed to delivering exactly what you asked for! They will pick a subject every month and make some evaluations and comparisons. I can't guarantee exactly when they will evaluate the specific categories you mentioned, but I am confident when they publish those reviews that they will be first rate.
Thanks for sharing your article idea!
As a lead up to say "Gallery Extensions: a head to head comparison" ... make a thread in the forums as a method of data gathering. Let everyone know that the content in the forum thread may be used in the article. Invite the extension developers as well. This could help bring up many issues that the article writer would not have thought of. It'll make the article better and easier (!) to write :)

porwig
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by porwig » Tue May 04, 2010 11:47 pm

Thanks again EMRhelp, that is a very good suggestion! I will point our Extensions/Services review team editors to your suggestion here for their consideration.
Paul Orwig

Hils
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Hils » Thu May 06, 2010 10:50 am

Great ideas and on the list! Thank you :)

We, as the Extensions/Services Assessment Team (now known as 'Team EaSY') have been working for a while on this Category.

No single person is writing any assessment - each of us, and it's a strong team, have assessed and are assessing the extensions/services individually in detail and weekly Skype meetings pull everything together.

A team decision we have made, that we hope everyone will approve of:

We will deliver 'facts' not 'opinion' : the in-depth assessments should give anyone from a Developer to a new Joomla! User the information to make an informed judgment whether to use the extension/service or not.

Hils
Co-Lead - Team EaSY - Joomla! Community Magazine

porwig
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by porwig » Thu May 06, 2010 4:28 pm

Thanks Hils for responding here.

I know a lot of considered thought has gone into the approach that team EaSY will be taking for the magazine. I am very excited to see the great work that you all will be delivering soon to the community in the first issue!
Paul Orwig

Return to “magazine.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”