Suggestion: Easy registration with first post/article/comment

Do you have an idea for the Joomla community that you can help implement? Discuss in here.
layer8
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by layer8 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:29 am

Allow guest users to become registered in a fast way, by just inserting the email while posting something for first time.
Just add this option in the backend.
Why not?
I can't see what the problem is
Last edited by imanickam on Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved the topic from the forum Documentation - Feedback/Information/Suggestions to the forum Joomla! Ideas Forum

darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Suggestion: Easy registration with first post/article/comment

Post by darb » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:33 am

I try also to convince Joomla people that they have to focus more on KISS and make it easy for registration with groups and with powerful flexible profiling system bcs thats core to every system where you must handle users, email, marketing automation, analytic etc etc

Problem is that it was not understood long time ago but people now understand that this is core and maybe this will be change in future versions. For example there will be profile fields in next version coming now..:) as you can understand I discuss this since 2005 but things take time with open source projects..

layer8
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by layer8 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:47 am

The Joomla project has 509 contributors on GitHub, all of them with a good PHP knowledge.
It's almost incredible that this feature doesn't exist in 3.6.2

darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by darb » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:23 pm

Well it’s natural that projects like Joomla where consensus have to be "everywhere" not everybody strive in the same (right) direction what is priority or not. Especially when things get more complex too. The common answers to new “features” before have been “just jump in and start coding” so even that’s illogical that not 100% of mankind can be coders or understand things in the same way. So things that are obvious for some people is very illogical to others worldview and understanding I have experienced since my 11 years with Joomla. I think though that Joomla people today are more understanding of focus on end users and the UX which is good and Joomla start progressing good in this area now finally. That’s great. Wordpress did a strong focus with a specific project on UX 5-6 years ago and that I think was a very important strategic decisions from leadership there that put them into the position where they are today with that image of UX friendliness..

Return to “Joomla! Ideas Forum”