What made Joomla a better CMS in 2014, the final truth...

Do you have an idea for the Joomla community that you can help implement? Discuss in here.
Chacapamac
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

What made Joomla a better CMS in 2014, the final truth...

Post by Chacapamac » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:57 pm

Just want to post this to show a little the high value of different points for the newer Joomla.

I give the complete permission to Joomla and Joomla Fan to perfect and use this in their promotion
— Maybe without the WP references ;D

The following is the max characters for a Linkedin Post

I’m already testing this on all my Linkedin Groups.

I know I forget some stuff — Language & templates overrides and probably more important points.

Change it, Use it, have fun with our WP and other detractors… Time to wake Up !

Linkedin Ready

Title : What made Joomla a better CMS in 2014, the final truth…

Code: Select all

Old concepts can become facts and CMS get caught, as everything else in the same pattern. Obviously you need to take time to verify if they are myths or facts. 

I know and work with multiple CMS, like Concrete, Wordpress and obviously Joomla. I build ONLY with Joomla for my customers because I care. 

I don’t want to target Wordpress to be less or more but I want to put things straight in this old rivalry between 2 excellent CMS. 

JOOMLA OUT OF THE BOX 

• (3.3) 
— BETTER SECURITY with PHP 5.3.10 

— SEO FRIENDLIER WITH MICRODATA — Control the rich snippets for search engine. (Compare to WP!) 

— INTEGRATED CLOUD STORAGE (Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, Rackspace and Dropbox) — (Compare to WP!) 

— FRONT-END MODULE EDITING, not only contents, everything can be edited right in the fronted — (Compare to WP!) 

• New installation can included all needed pages types like; Blog, instructional articles, language switcher and more... Make a good web site right away. — (Compare to WP!) 

• MORE SECURITY with “TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION” - Widely use (Google, Microsoft, Banks …)
Username/password + a time based secret key changed every 30 seconds — (Compare to WP!) 

• Login with language choice — (Compare to WP!) 

• (3.2) FOOL PROOF FEW CLICK INSTALL AND SETUP of a NEW MULTILINGUAL SITE with any languages — (Compare to WP!) 

• PERFECT MULTILINGUAL ONBOARD SYSTEM WITH EXCELLENT SEF. — (Compare to WP!) 

• TOP NOTCH SEO/SEF/LOCALIZED WEB SITE. Easily add all important metadata globally and/or by menus & content items — (The claim that WP do better SEO is one of those old myths) 

• JOOMLA ADMINISTRATION IS WELL DESIGN & organized with top notch ergonomic, same when reach by mobile devices. RESPONSIVE BACK AND FRONTEND (Again the “It’s easier to work with WP” is ridiculous. Go see yourself) 

• JOOMLA ADMINISTRATION CAN BE CUSTOMIZED easily - Work in tandem with Joomla ACL — (Compare to WP!) 

• FIND CONTENTS AND IMAGES EASILY with categorization, filters, images manager, folders. — (Compare to WP!) 

• EXCELLENT GRAINY BACKEND/FRONTEND ACL — (Compare to WP!) 

• ADVANCED SEARCH SYSTEM; fronted Search that can be customized to search specific categories and content. — (Compare to WP!) 

• COMPLETE ONE CLICK UPGRADE SYSTEM FOR THE CORE AND THIRD PARTY COMPONENTS. — (Compare to WP!) 

• SIMPLE FLEXIBLE INTERNAL STRUCTURE FOR THE DESIGNER AND OWNER ALIKE. Easily choose & switch templates, edit internal files (css,php…), create overrides, crop & resize logo and more...— (Compare to WP!) 

• ONBOARD REDIRECT MANAGER to redirect old (invalid) URLs to new working ones. Good for your search engine ranking. — (Compare to WP!) 

• VERSIONS CONTENT HISTORY; save any number of versions of articles. Compare 2 versions with visible changes and choose restore versions. Mark versions to never be deleted — Compare the html code — (Compare to WP!) 

• BANNERS MANAGER with all the options you need — (Compare to WP!) 

• EDITOR WITH CHOICE OF ADVANCED EDITION TOOLS — (Compare to WP!) 

• ACCESS AND INSTALLATION OF THIRD PARTY COMPONENT (THE JED) OFFICIAL JOOMLA EXTENSION DIRECTORY RIGHT IN THE ADMINISTRATION 

• THE BEST FOR THE LAST —> The best community of quality developers and friendly users alike that will support any newbie and advanced users alike — Try iT... 

This is Joomla in 2014 — I rest my case...
Can God help us?
Marketing, SEO, Web development - Powered by Joomla!
http://www.grafcomm.ca/

waarnemer
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: What made Joomla a better CMS in 2014, the final truth..

Post by waarnemer » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:45 am

Well.. for years to me the USP is your last BEST.. the community...
I have never been on a forum of a community where newbies are treated as equal as others than on this one...

I like that the absolute most.. besides Joomla! being so easy to setup and maintain of course..

darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by darb » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:19 am

waarnemer wrote:Well.. for years to me the USP is your last BEST.. the community...
I have never been on a forum of a community where newbies are treated as equal as others than on this one...

I like that the absolute most.. besides Joomla! being so easy to setup and maintain of course..
Yep and that Joomla is own by its community not like Wordpress = Mullenweg http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2014/04/15/ ... 0-million/ or Drupal = Dries...thats important bcs Joomla can not be sold to anyone in future.

It will not be like MySQL that was sold to Sun and then end up in Oracle that have a problem to handle the situation with a open source product within the org. Joomla ecco system will survive bcs its community and system now to support many developers to contribute.

Chacapamac
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Chacapamac » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:52 pm

Yep and that Joomla is own by its community not like Wordpress = Mullenweg http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2014/04/15/ ... 0-million/ or Drupal = Dries...thats important bcs Joomla can not be sold to anyone in future.
I wasn’t aware of this — Thanks to Share. ;D
Can God help us?

tarotray
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tarotray » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:41 am

I do concur with all the above points.

Claudia_A
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Claudia_A » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:45 am

From our experience, Joomla is used with more complex projects, other CMS solutions like Wordpress, for smaller and simpler sites. I personally think the key for Joomla, is to regain also further ground for smaller websites and this may be achieved with easy steps for everybody. The present Documentation is super and highly maintained which is a big plus for a new user, but most of the newbies are still overwhelmed by its complexity. So, how could this complexity be better highlighted, but not to overwhelm. This perhaps might be one further key to our great community to maintain further the lead in the coming years.

Chacapamac
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Chacapamac » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:14 pm

Claudia_A wrote:From our experience, Joomla is used with more complex projects, other CMS solutions like Wordpress, for smaller and simpler sites. I personally think the key for Joomla, is to regain also further ground for smaller websites and this may be achieved with easy steps for everybody. The present Documentation is super and highly maintained which is a big plus for a new user, but most of the newbies are still overwhelmed by its complexity. So, how could this complexity be better highlighted, but not to overwhelm. This perhaps might be one further key to our great community to maintain further the lead in the coming years.
Agree completely with you. Also that “more complex than Wordpress“ is use as a kind of mantra by the WP people.
Personally, I find Wordpress more confusing to use and ridiculous to use for site with lot of content. The Joomla Dev make a good job to make the newer Joomla ergonomic shine under any type of device (phone, PC, Tablet). All the main functions are reach easily, the fronted edition is excellent.

Keep the good work, Joomla, listen to your users.
Can God help us?

Return to “Joomla! Ideas Forum”