Job/Project advertising

Here you can contact the editors of our People site, as well as access infomation relating to this site.
mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Job/Project advertising

Post by mandville » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:09 am

The people.joomla.org moderators are reviewing the guidelines on the posting of Jobs and projects.

We would like ideas and comments from the community on the following (please note that project offerings/rfp are considered as "jobs" in the same way as "designer wanted" is)

*All project/job discussions are not permitted

OR

a* All job offers to take place in related boards (eg JUG or Fan clubs) at the discretion of the group admins.

b* All Job discussions (seeking and offering) are to take place within defined group/s eg a dedicated job board

c* The job/projects board is to be limited to summaried "looking for /person available" posts only

d* All posts removed after one month.

e* Only regular contributors/visitors to PJO are permitted to post

This does not alter exisitng rules and guidelines for extensions/company sites.
Promotion of services, products or companies should be reasonable and is only allowed in your personal profile or a GPL and Trademark guidelines compliant Fan Club about that company, service or product. No self or commercial promotion in Topical Discussion Groups is allowed by default, the group leaders are ultimately moderating their groups.
Inappropriate posts (spam) can still be reported to the Moderation team at any time
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

af465
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Job/Project advertising

Post by af465 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:48 pm

Hi
I was looking for a Joomla programmer and what first come to my mind was the though "...what better place to find one then the Joomla forums..."
I think that increasing the job opportunities for Jommla programmers is good for the the people that works with Joomla and for Joomla itself, so to me doesn't make any sense to forbid that kind of proposals.

So my suggestion is in favor of adopting the following suggested rules:

b* All Job discussions (seeking and offering) are to take place within defined group/s eg a dedicated job board
d* All posts removed after one month.

kindest regards
António

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:08 pm

the rules and guidelines that reflect job postings are details in this page
http://people.joomla.org/guidelines.html
Posting of external jobs or projects, within profile or fan cubs pages, is not permitted. eg: you can not post that you are looking for a developer or designer, offer for tender contracts, advertise employment. Such posts will be classed as spam
You can post within the defined groups relating to community driven translation or code projects.
basically all "jobs" must benefit the community - mention money and its no go..

Here is another way to look at it.
at the time the rules needed clarifying, there was an influx of job/project postings and it was felt that there was the danger that pjo would turn into a free lancing website, and also might encompass the legal issues that implies as an introduction service.

there is only one place to post " i need a... in exchange for money" and that is http://forum.joomla.org/viewforum.php?f=177
pjo does not have the provision to auto lock/delete topics, and people can get forgetful.
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

spauldingsmails
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by spauldingsmails » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:41 pm

It would be great to be able to use pjo as a method for networking with potential joomla developers. While I understand that there already exists a forum topic for job advertisting (http://forum.joomla.org/viewforum.php?f=177&start=30) such a method of recruitment can be hit and miss and looking at the current list of job postings in relation to the number of responses does not fill me with a lot of confidence that I will find the right person for the job (of course I don't know how much contact is happening through PMs).

Through pjo I could post requests of interest and then discuss my projects with the wider Joomla community; a concept I would have thought pjo would be ideally positioned for fulfilling such a role; I.e. community-based networking and employment. Also, it would be good to be able to outline project/job descriptions and use Jomsocial's networking capabilities to push those messages out to other social networking apps (fb, twitter, etc).
You know it's easy to grin when your ship comes in and you've got the stockmarket beat. But  the man worthwhile is the man who can smile when his shorts aren't too tight in the seat.

mailm
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by mailm » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:17 pm

spauldingsmails wrote: exists a forum topic for job advertising (http://forum.joomla.org/viewforum.php?f=177&start=30
Have you also looked at resources.joomla.org where professional services can also be obtained?

The PJO administration team have made several clarifications on the fact of job postings, and the main issue i understand to be the legal side, apart from the actual administration side of the site. That is why places that exist already, freelancing sites.

I do see your points on some questions, but like many other cases, the site is not set up for or practical for the necessary work /moderation. It is also dissallowed the the site rules which every user agreed too.
JUG Team - Is yours Registered and Legit
http://community.joomla.org/user-groups/

Return to “People.joomla.org - Feedback/Information”