Deleting Template

The support for Joomla 2.5 ended on December 31, 2014. Possible bugs in Joomla 2.5 will not be patched anymore. This forum has been closed. Please update your website to Joomla 3.x

Moderator: ooffick

Forum rules
Please use the official Bug Tracker to report a bug: https://issues.joomla.org
pjki
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Deleting Template

Post by pjki » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:21 am

I'm getting the same error message. Looked through the post, but nothing helps. These are siteground templates. I've never had a problem with Siteground before. I have 4 of them. I'm trying to delete 2 of them of which are NOT the default template.
I'm going to Extensions > Template Manager > Styles Tab (that may be the problem) > Check the appropriate template box > hit delete and I get the message: Cannot delete last style of a template.

When I go to the Template tab, it shows the pictures of the templates, but I don't see anywhere to actually delete them from the Template tab I would think that would be the appropriate place, not the Styles Tab.

pjki
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by pjki » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:38 am

Very simple answer. I posted in another thread before I found this one and someone helped me. None of the other mumbo-jumbo of going to the database, going to the host, changing the templateDetails.xml, etc etc. I started reading all that and wondered why deleting a template was made so complicated in 1.6 and 1.7 when on 1.5 you just go to the template manager and delete the thing LOL

So, it's just a simple delete! -- in the right place! Not under "template management," -- as I would have expected it would be, but "extension management". Check out the thread here: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 7#p2588377

Hope this helps someone too!

DebDee
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by DebDee » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:26 am

Thank you mamuna2m - that did it for me

nachibusa
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by nachibusa » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:40 am

Thanks! What a relief and I agree it was much simpler deleting in 1.6 or maybe I'm just going through growing pains. Thanks for the post, I always find it faster to learn here than reading the instructions, bad habit!

Return to “Joomla! 2.5 Bug Reporting”