[update these comments refer to a situation with SEF/user friendly URLs on - will try with SEF off to see if it makes any difference]
[2nd update: problem occurs both with SEF on and SEF off. With cache on items in Top Level Menu 2 are replaced (incorrectly) by items contained in Top Level Menu 1]
I'm experiencing a strange menu/cache problem that I think may be related to the problem discussed in this topic. Joomla version 1.7.3. Fairly certain this is a 'bug' rather than a design limitation.
I'll try and explain problem. First with 'cache' off everything works fine. Problem only occurs when 'cache' is turned on.
Fairly simple site (6 top level pages, 25 approx 2nd level pages, 20 or so 3rd level pages).
Menu structure is in the form of:
Top Level 1:
- menu item 1.1 (single article link)
- menu item 1.1.1 (menu item alias to 2.1)
- menu item 1.1.2 (menu item alias to 2.3)
- menu item 1.2 (single article link)
- menu item 1.2.1 (menu item alias to 2.2)
- menu item 1.2.2 (menu item alias to 2.3)
- menu item 1.3 (single article link)
- menu item 1.3.1 (menu item alias to 2.1)
- menu item 1.4 (single article link)
- menu item 1.4.1 (menu item alias to 2.3)
Top Level 2:
-menu item 2.1 (single article link)
-menu item 2.2 (single article link)
-menu item 2.3 (single article link)
For some reason when caching is enabled the links displayed on Top Level 2 go missing and are replaced with the items from Top Level Menu 1.
I'd appreciate any ideas for further investigating and/or fixing this problem. Alternatively is this a known bug/limitation?
Many thanks in anticipation of your response ...