1.7.3 Full install causes link problems when SEF URLs is on

The support for Joomla 2.5 ended on December 31, 2014. Possible bugs in Joomla 2.5 will not be patched anymore. This forum has been closed. Please update your website to Joomla 3.x

Moderator: ooffick

Forum rules
Please use the official Bug Tracker to report a bug: https://issues.joomla.org
jsniper
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

1.7.3 Full install causes link problems when SEF URLs is on

Post by jsniper » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:38 pm

I did a fresh clean install on 2 different servers. One running CentOS and the other running Ubuntu. If I install Joomla 1.7.3 and turn on Search Engine Friendly URLS and User URL Rewriting, it keeps making my links in the menus a date such as www.mywebsite.com/11-12-2011

I already had a Joomla 1.7.0 website on one of my servers and it has been working perfectly so I grabbed a fresh install of 1.7.0 and installed it on my new website that was giving me the link date trouble and turned on Search Engine Friendly URLS and User URL Rewriting, and the links worked perfectly. They are correclty showing the names and not the dates when you click on the link.

I then decided to grab the update from 1.7.0 to 1.7.3 and it still worked fine. I then tried another clean install on another website with the 1.7.3 full (not the update) and the linking problem came up right away.

MarcoDeMarco
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: 1.7.3 Full install causes link problems when SEF URLs is

Post by MarcoDeMarco » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:42 pm

I have a similiar issue with 2 of my sites....the URLs have a http://www.mysite.com/index.php/Smart Search/menuarticlename... The "Smart Search" is in the Database. I compared a good site that works vs this site that doesn't and the table structure is different......both are 2.5.1 - difference is how I got there....

working one was originally 1.7 then applied all upgrades to get to 2.51.
bad one was originally 1.7.3 then applied upgrade package to 1.7.5, then to 2.5.1

How do I fix - I really don't want to reinstall\start over.

Both are sub-domains...
Good Site - sharkcycle.marcodemarco.net
Bad Site - ItBurnsFitness.marcodemarco.net

Return to “Joomla! 2.5 Bug Reporting”