LDAP authentication - blank screen

The support for Joomla 2.5 ended on December 31, 2014. Possible bugs in Joomla 2.5 will not be patched anymore. This forum has been closed. Please update your website to Joomla 3.x

Moderator: ooffick

Forum rules
Please use the official Bug Tracker to report a bug: https://issues.joomla.org
danscott
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

LDAP authentication - blank screen

Post by danscott » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:55 pm

Hi,

I've configured 1.6 for LDAP authentication using the same settings as I have on my current 1.5 site. When I attempt to login using LDAP authentication, I just receive a blank screen. 'View source' shows the code for the login screen again. Can someone tell me how to find out what is going wrong? There are no PHP errors. The logs/jcontroller.log.php file contains the following, but I'm not certain that this is related:

2010-11-29 21:45:01 - ::1 - Checking edit ID com_plugins.edit.plugin.402: 1 Array ( [0] => 402 )
2010-11-29 21:45:01 - ::1 - Releasing edit ID com_plugins.edit.plugin.402 Array ( )

Thanks,

Dan Scott

rholzler
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: LDAP authentication - blank screen

Post by rholzler » Wed May 25, 2011 7:16 pm

I am also getting a blank (white) page after setting up my LDAP plugin. I have another web based program that connects to the same Windows AD using the same LDAP settings, so I am fairly confident the settings are correct.

I have set the error reporting to Maximum.
I turned debug system on and off
There are no php errors logged by the server.
There are no errors logged by Joomla for this entire day.

I can login with a Joomla account that is already setup. The problem occurs when there is no account in the user manager. My understanding is that the account should be created automatically after a successful login. The account is not created, so the problem has to be before that point in the process.

In case it helps here are the config settings:
Host: [IP ADDRESS REMOVED]
Port: 636 [Windows AD Configured to accept connections on this port]
LDAP V3: No
TLS: No
Referrals: No
Method: Bind and Search
Base DN: DC=mfm,DC=pvt
Search: CN=[search]
User's DN: CN=[username],CN=Users,DC=mfm,DC=pvt
username: [REMOVED]
Password: [REMOVED]
Map Full Name: fullName
Map email: mail
Map UserID: CN
Robert Holzler
Web Developer
http://whiteboardstrategy.com/blog.html

ol3k
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ol3k » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:31 pm

I had the same problem using Joomla 1.6 with LDAP authentication and a complete new webserver install.

-> no errors, no hints and correct ldap configuration ...

after many google searches:
the only thing I had to make sure is enabling the php-ldap extension in php.ini file:

extension=php_ldap.dll

because of the fresh install it´s of course NOT loaded by default.

perhaps this helps s.o. setting it up....

scott1269nh
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by scott1269nh » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:55 pm

I had the same problem but uncommenting the
extension=php_ldap.dll fixed the blank page issue. Now I'm getting

Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.

Any ideas on how to get it to give me additional error messages? or test the ldap set up?

Thanks

ol3k
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ol3k » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:55 pm

scott1269nh wrote: Any ideas on how to get it to give me additional error messages? or test the ldap set up?
I think that setting up site debuging and display "maximum errors" isn't very helpful.

Because of a very deep LDAP structure (many subtrees) I was struggling with the settings, too.

You can test your settings with a LDAP explorer (LEX ldap explorer) to verify that all the settings are correct.

Make sure that (my settings):
- the BASIS DN is correct (OU=Users,DC=DOMAIN,DC=COM)
- search-string is the one you are using in the login form (sAMAccountName=[search])

I left the user dn blank (because of the deep ldap structure I can't point out one explicit folder), enabled ldap forwarding and get it to work with Connect&Search method.

attribut Full name = name
Map: email = mail
attribut user id = sAMAccountName

Perhaps this helps.

nyelugo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by nyelugo » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:03 am

Hi all, I'm a bit late here, but I still get the same error that says: "Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet." I'm running Joomla! 1.7 and already enabled the ldap extension in the php.ini file. Any thoughts please?

Exirtis
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Exirtis » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:07 pm

For anyone still trying to get LDAP to work in Joomla! 1.6 or 1.7, or if you just want a more elegant solution, take a look at the JMapMyLDAP extensions.

In the Joomla extensions directory:
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... ased/18108

Developer's website:
http://shmanic.com/tool/jmapmyldap/

Configuring LDAP with this plugin is much easier, especially when using a PHP debugger that the developer has also made available:
http://shmanic.com/tool/jmapmyldap/?id= ... bug-method

Last but not least is the fact that among the extensions are tools to map groups in LDAP to groups in Joomla and an SSO (single sign-on) tool.

Disclaimer: I haven't fully tested the group mapping or SSO plugins, but I have a fair amount of confidence based on how smoothly the LDAP authentication plugin worked. I'll update this thread one way or the other with my experiences.

sakarora1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sakarora1 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:35 am

ol3k wrote:I had the same problem using Joomla 1.6 with LDAP authentication and a complete new webserver install.

-> no errors, no hints and correct ldap configuration ...

after many google searches:
the only thing I had to make sure is enabling the php-ldap extension in php.ini file:

extension=php_ldap.dll

because of the fresh install it´s of course NOT loaded by default.

perhaps this helps s.o. setting it up....
hey, Greet!!
i have same problem with my site, i am using community builder, ldap-authentication plugin, as soon as i try to login, i only see blank screen... as you told enabling the php-ldap extension in php.ini... i can't find that line (extension=php_ldap.dll) in my php.ini file....
Plz help me
Thanks

uxg333
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by uxg333 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:38 am

Hi, I moved the joomla site to a linux box from a wondows server machine after upgrading it from 1.5.24 to 1.7.2.
The LDAP server is fine & configuration settings on LDAP Authentication plugin are the same & correct.
I get a blank screen, I suspect incorrect settings in php.ini with extension=php_ldap.dll
What should I update ? What else am I doing wrong ? Plz help.
uxg

Return to “Joomla! 2.5 Bug Reporting”