Text Filters reset to Default Black List upon upgrade

The support for Joomla 2.5 ended on December 31, 2014. Possible bugs in Joomla 2.5 will not be patched anymore. This forum has been closed. Please update your website to Joomla 3.x

Moderator: ooffick

Forum rules
Please use the official Bug Tracker to report a bug: https://issues.joomla.org
ghrb
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Text Filters reset to Default Black List upon upgrade

Post by ghrb » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:22 am

Hello,

On upgrade to latest version from 2.5.16 to 2.5.17, Text Filters reset themselves to Default Black List from No Filtering (setting used for Superuser, Administrator and Manager).

Result: formatting cleaned out when opening article to edit on all clients websites.

Best

Guy

GerardAddison
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Text Filters reset to Default Black List upon upgrade

Post by GerardAddison » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:18 am

:'( I am having this same issue across a range of 2.5 sites. Was wondering if anyone out there has a solution. Multiple clients are getting this issue regulalry. I can change the text filters back for them but at the end of the day the client is frustrated and not confident about their Joomla website.

Any help is much appreciated.

adam_nz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Text Filters reset to Default Black List upon upgrade

Post by adam_nz » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:40 am

ghrb wrote:Hello,
On upgrade to latest version from 2.5.16 to 2.5.17, Text Filters reset themselves to Default Black List from No Filtering (setting used for Superuser, Administrator and Manager).
It gets worse ...

I just had this happen to me totally randomly when editing an article in Joomla 3.3.6.

Adam.

Return to “Joomla! 2.5 Bug Reporting”