Sitemap For Webmaster

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
richardhale
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Sitemap For Webmaster

Post by richardhale » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:27 pm

I created a sitemap for a Joomla website using Xmap. I need to enter this sitemap into Google Webmaster. Here's my question. Usually, I'm entering /sitemap.xml or something to that nature. On this one, I'm not quite sure. The URL is http://vitalityfocus.com/index.php/home/sitemap This is the official URL for the website. Do I just enter /index.php/home/sitemap or do I need to enter some type of xml file. I just don't want to enter the wrong URL. Thanks as always!!! ;)

ionut
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Sitemap For Webmaster

Post by ionut » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:02 pm

Your link is a sitemap for users, it's not a sitemap for google. I'm not familiar with Xmap and I don't know if you can generate an xml file from Xmap but if not you could use any other extension and generate an xml file for google webmaster.

richardhale
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by richardhale » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:30 pm

Thanks Ionut. I'm going to try to go for XML and see how that works. If not, I'll search for another extension. Either way, I'll let you all know how it goes.

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by dhuelsmann » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:23 pm

You can generate a number of sitemaps including two XML sitemaps. This is what you see when you enter the component. Just click on the XML Sitemap to get go to it and copy the link for Google.

Code: Select all

Sitemap  Default [XML Sitemap] [News Sitemap] [Images Sitemap]
Regards, Dave
Past Treasurer Open Source Matters, Inc.
Past Global Moderator
http://www.kiwaniswest.org

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”