Need help tracking down display problem

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
artshotwell
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Need help tracking down display problem

Post by artshotwell » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:57 pm

Some site visitors to my site anacortesnow.com are reporting large blank space at the top of the page where I have a module, Gavick News Show Pro GK5, set to display. The module title displays, but not the content. I don't see the problem. The users who see the issue are running Windows 7 with IE 11.

I'm wondering if anyone else sees the module content? Take a look for me. The module ruses JSON, which is a JavaScript, which makes me wonder if Windows 7 and/or IE 11 default to JavaScript turned off? And, if this is the issue, is there a way to deal with it? Other than by removing the module?
Last edited by artshotwell on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jackrabbit
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Need help tracking down display problem

Post by jackrabbit » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:25 pm

The short URL you posted has been censored by the forum so you will need to repost the full URL.

All modern browsers has javascript on as default. This is a matter for gavick forum I think, incase other users have had the same issue and a solution has been published there.
Reset Joomla super user password and username simply | http://cmsenergizer.com/website-energy- ... d-remotely

artshotwell
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by artshotwell » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:53 pm

Full url is http://www.anacortesnow.com/
I posted in Gavick forum and the moderator there doesn't see an issue. Here is what one user sent to me... the module should show in the left 2/3rds of the screen.
libby-screenshot1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jackrabbit
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by jackrabbit » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:15 pm

It appears an element is not cleared of another floating element. It may be that IE is not receiving the style sheet which includes the clear command. You could ask the user to clear his browser's cache just to see if something may just be stuck that was never completely downloaded. Otherwise I see nothing erroneous in the coding.
Reset Joomla super user password and username simply | http://cmsenergizer.com/website-energy- ... d-remotely

artshotwell
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by artshotwell » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:10 am

Nope, clearing the cache did not clear the problem. Maybe someone else here will have an idea.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”