User accounts is this possible

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
robwuk
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

User accounts is this possible

Post by robwuk » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:47 pm

Hi, i have Joomla 2.5 installed, and what i would like to do is have users have extra functions on their control panel

Basically i want a user to be able to send pictures to be featured in our magazines.

As they would be registered users with the site, a user would simply just have the job of logging in to the site, selecting a picture to send, along with maybe a few text fields to fill in regarding their pictures and that would be it.

We would then collect this image aswell as all the info needed from the back end (users stored info from his/her account).

Is this possible with Joomla (I also have RS Forms installed which although i have some of the fields populated with the users data from their account, its not what we want to try and do)

I just want a user to be able to log in and have all his/her account to manage by them, but with a facility for them to sumit images to us

Sort of like ebay, you can view your previous purchases (images in my case) and magage everything from one log in (joomla)

Thanks

Rob

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: User accounts is this possible

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:00 am

It should be possible with Phoca Gallery.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”