Latest Joomla! version displayed in Joomla Updates

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
whamprod
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Latest Joomla! version displayed in Joomla Updates

Post by whamprod » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:58 pm

I just did a manual patch from an old 2.5.9 site to 2.5.27, and the administrator keeps insisting that I need to update the site.

Here is what is displayed when I click on the Joomla update icon in the cPanel:

Version.php has the version correctly shown. I'm assuming that I just need to make an edit in the database somewhere, but when I go to the database, I cannot find where that would be. Using the internal installer is a no-go because the server is twitchy and it always winds up messing up something and I don't trust it. I am about to migrate this site to a new server today, so the server is not going to be an issue going forward. I just want the incorrect information to go away so that my client won't be confused if they login.

Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you.

MusicalWebsites
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Latest Joomla! version displayed in Joomla Updates

Post by MusicalWebsites » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:11 am

Just manually download and transfer over the update package. You should not have to do anything fancy.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”