User session frontend

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
maiky
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

User session frontend

Post by maiky » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:02 am

Hello,

I use Chat component in my site, the problem is that when user are connected during 15 minutes ( the same time in global configuration ) the system logout them automatically. I want the user to stay connected all the time they are chatting with their friends like the other chat site.

How can i solve it??

sitesrus
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: User session frontend

Post by sitesrus » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:38 pm

Which chat componenet? The non-ideal solution is making your session a really large number but that isn't ideal for security reasons however if you're doing it for the chat that should be fine...

The issue is that if they are active in the chat it should "reset" this session count down, otherwise if they're idle I think it should log them out for security reasons. If it's not part of the extension you may have to just increase the joomla system setting for session duration.
I like working with Joomla :). I offer the following professional services: Custom extension development, SEO/marketing, maintenance/support, security and WCAG audits, and will work on websites at a reasonable rate.

maiky
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by maiky » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:40 pm

I use Cometchat. I dont want to use large number for security reason like you say. When they are active in the Chat they are automatically logout after 15min the same time admin time in the global configuration but am looking for another solution.

sitesrus
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by sitesrus » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:47 am

You'll have to ask the component provider if you don't have the technical skills to modify it.
I like working with Joomla :). I offer the following professional services: Custom extension development, SEO/marketing, maintenance/support, security and WCAG audits, and will work on websites at a reasonable rate.

maiky
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by maiky » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:59 pm

I do not think the problem come from the component because even i use the default joomla login module i am automatically logout after 15min.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”