Joomla 2.5

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
deb1968
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla 2.5

Post by deb1968 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:19 pm

I can not log in to the backend keep getting error 404 and the site is down at network solutions. They said there was an AUP something to do with someone sending email spam through our site. I do not know how to fix this. They said I need to update my joomla and run a virus scan but how do I do that. I can't even login to the site? HELP!

itoctopus
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Joomla 2.5

Post by itoctopus » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:10 pm

There are several approaches for this problem:

1- Update your website offline (download it, update it locally, and then upload it)
2- Address the issue on your website, ask network solutions to re-enable your website, and then update it online.
3- Re-create your website from scratch, and then import the data

Naturally, and in your case, probably option #2 is the best, but you will need to know exactly where the problem is in order to fix it.
http://www.itoctopus.com - Joomla consulting at its finest
https://twitter.com/itoctopus - Follow us on Twitter

deb1968
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Joomla 2.5

Post by deb1968 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:59 pm

Well I found out that with AUP and outdated version on our web hosting site. They only support 3.0 not 2.5 anymore because of security reasons.

My next question is, is it hard to upgrade your site to newer version? I download the files to my computer but I have not download the 3.0 yet because I want to know if I can update what I have?

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”