White screen with PHP code on it.

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
HiEveryone
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

White screen with PHP code on it.

Post by HiEveryone » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:21 pm

Hi guys,
I'm using the Hot Destination template from the Hot Templates team, and I wanted to change some fonts.

Here is the code snippet that I wanted to change.

Code: Select all

.logo_line1, .logo_line1 a {
	font-family:'Dancing Script', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	font-size:52px;
	font-weight:bold;
	line-height:52px;
	padding-top:20px;
	text-decoration:none;
}
I just removed the Dancing Script font and refreshed the website page, and the only thing I see now, is a white screen with some Joomla errors on it. (Please see the file attached)
I tried to get the portion of the code back, but that didn't change a thing.

I went through the php log files and I saw some few warning and errors. I can list few of them.
[25-Dec-2014 00:13:34 Europe/Paris] PHP 1. {main}() D:\wamp\www\hotstart\index.php:0

[25-Dec-2014 00:13:34 Europe/Paris] PHP 2. JSite->render() D:\wamp\www\hotstart\index.php:48

[25-Dec-2014 00:13:34 Europe/Paris] PHP 3. JDocumentHTML->parse() D:\wamp\www\hotstart\includes\application.php:259

[25-Dec-2014 00:13:34 Europe/Paris] PHP 4. JDocumentHTML->_fetchTemplate() D:\wamp\www\hotstart\libraries\joomla\document\html\html.php:414

[25-Dec-2014 00:13:34 Europe/Paris] PHP 5. JDocumentHTML->_loadTemplate() D:\wamp\www\hotstart\libraries\joomla\document\html\html.php:591

[25-Dec-2014 00:13:34 Europe/Paris] PHP 6. require() D:\wamp\www\hotstart\libraries\joomla\document\html\html.php:531

[25-Dec-2014 00:13:34 Europe/Paris] PHP 7. require() D:\wamp\www\hotstart\templates\hot_destinations\index.php:248
The thing is, these errors existed before so I don't know if they have something to do with this.

Do you guys have any ideas ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jcms
I've been banned!

Re: White screen with PHP code on it.

Post by jcms » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:36 am

- use other index.php file from same source code version
- set error_reporting to maximum and check more
- check timezone

HiEveryone
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: White screen with PHP code on it.

Post by HiEveryone » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:34 pm

I've done that before and couldn't point to something that could solve the problem.
Well, basically, I spent last night trying to solve this till 4 A.M. I went backwards and removed everything I added. The problem persisted.
I slept on it, and tried now, and everything is working !
I'm going to redo what I did yesterday, step by step, I try to figure out what really happened.
Thank you.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”