Landing page linking directly to index.php won't load script

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
brandonmhill
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Landing page linking directly to index.php won't load script

Post by brandonmhill » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:34 pm

Hello,

I've created a landing page by placing an index.html file in the directory my Joomla 2.5 installation lives. On the landing page, I've linked one of the links to go directly to the index.php file. In Safari for Mac and iPad, when clicking the link to access the index.php file directly from the landing page, the scripts won't load on the template and I can't access my drop down menus, etc.

This only occurs in Safari. If I type in the URL and index.php directly, the scripts load as normal.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

Many thanks in advance.

Brandon

jcms
I've been banned!

Re: Landing page linking directly to index.php won't load sc

Post by jcms » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:00 am

check javascript and css from your template.

brandonmhill
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Landing page linking directly to index.php won't load sc

Post by brandonmhill » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:46 pm

Thank you. Yes, the scripts are working fine on the template. It's just when I link directly to the index.php file this occurs (and only in Safari).

I'm thinking I might need to include the scripts on the landing page that are loading in the template. It just seems strange that Safari is not "reloading" the page when linking directly to the index.php. Every other browser does.

I may give a try to adding the scripts to the landing page and see what happens. It's an index.html file in the same directory as the template and J 2.5 install.

Thanks again,

Brandon

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”