FTP Web Interface

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
kjparenteau
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

FTP Web Interface

Post by kjparenteau » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:30 pm

I have been using Joomla for some time now, and overall fairly comfortable with its capabilities, but I am trying to do something I am not finding answers for and would like to reach out to the community for suggestions...

Platform:
Server2008R2, XAMPP, Joomla 1.6, zFTP Server

Joomla and everything else works just fine and public accessible. I have a 3rd party FTP server running and can access that via any FTP client or even a web browser directly, however I would like to integrate my FTP server into Joomla...

Are there any extensions that will allow me to create a link in my Joomla install to open a login/web interface (within Joomla) that will access my FTP server?

The idea here is to be able to manage my FTP server separately as I have for years and be able to add users and files and such. Then point that user to the website, click the FTP link, and then have a simple login that checks the credentials stored in the FTP server and opens a web based GUI inside of my website framework to keep the site header and main menu on the top. Kinda like a module or component more than anything. This way I can have users upload/download files within my personal website without having to use a separate client or using a clumsy browser FTP. I like to keep things clean and simple!

Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

- Kevin
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”