Error 500 When Using Banners

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
theITJester
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Error 500 When Using Banners

Post by theITJester » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:04 pm

I've been playing with 1.6 Stable and when I try and let the Banner Module choose to display 1 of 2 available banners I get this error:

500 - Duplicate entry '2011-01-13-1-3' for key 1 SQL=INSERT INTO jos_banner_tracks SET `count` = 1 , track_type=1 , banner_id=3 , track_date='2011-01-13 15'
YOU_MAY_NOT_BE_ABLE_TO_VISIT_THIS_PAGE_BECAUSE_OF:

AN_OUT_OF_DATE_BOOKMARK_FAVOURITE
A_SEARCH_ENGINE_THAT_HAS_AN_OUT_OF_DATE_LISTING_FOR_THIS_SITE
A_MIS_TYPED_ADDRESS
YOU_HAVE_NO_ACCESS_TO_THIS_PAGE
The requested resource was not found
An error has occurred while processing your request.
PLEASE_TRY_ONE_OF_THE_FOLLOWING_PAGES:

HOME_PAGE
IF_DIFFICULTIES_PERSIST__PLEASE_CONTACT_THE_SYSTEM_ADMINISTRATOR_OF_THIS_SITE

Duplicate entry '2011-01-13-1-3' for key 1 SQL=INSERT INTO jos_banner_tracks SET `count` = 1 , track_type=1 , banner_id=3 , track_date='2011-01-13 15'

If I disable one of the ads it displays the other just fine. The banners were created individually and I can't find anywhere it would be a duplicate in the table.

Any suggestions?

theITJester
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Error 500 When Using Banners

Post by theITJester » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:07 pm

Well, I'm not sure what happened but I finally just deleted the one entry and created it from scratch again and it worked fine.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”