Deleting all content

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
jeango
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Deleting all content

Post by jeango » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:11 pm

Hi, I just started with Joomla an hour ago, so excuse my stupid question :-)

I installed Joomla, nice and easy, but I don't care about the example website, I want to start from a blank page (well except the template, want to keep that for now)

I went into the manager, deleted all the content and all the categories... and it didn't change a thing :(

I check on my website, and can still see all the categories, I see the "joomla!" article as well as "beginners" etc... (featured articles), but they are no longer to be found under in the contents... What happens here?

ranwilli
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Deleting all content

Post by ranwilli » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:49 pm

Since you don't have much (besides an hour) invested, you COULD re-install Joomla and skip the sample data on installation.
Don't HACK the Joomla! core, Instead "Extend" and/or "Override."
Stay ON the update path.
https://harpervance.com

jeango
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Deleting all content

Post by jeango » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:19 pm

Thanks for the advice but that doesn't really answer my question :-)

I wish I could, but the Joomla module was installed by my hosting service provider, and obviously they install it with the sample data.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”