Component Menu Items Missing J1.6

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
rodolfo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Component Menu Items Missing J1.6

Post by rodolfo » Fri May 27, 2011 4:58 pm

I'm experiencing something similar: All the 3rd. party installed components simply 'vanished' from the components menu in the back end. After reading the forums, I looked into the jos_menu, and the entries were gone.
for example:
(583, 'main', 'COM_PHOCAGALLERY_USERS', 'comphocagalleryusers', '', 'comphocagallery/comphocagalleryusers', 'index.php?option=com_phocagallery&view=phocagalleryusers', 'component', 0, 574, 2, 10015, 0, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 1, 'components/com_phocagallery/assets/images/icon-16-pg-menu-users.png', 0, '', 308, 309, 0, '', 1),

was missing from the table, but present on a table backup.

To avoid any issues, I've reinstalled all 3rd party components withoud any data loss, but I'm wondering about what happened for Joomla to simply delete all entries on just the jos_menu table.

I've also have Phoca Gallery installed on this site, so I'm wondering if it's just a coincidence... hope someone with more knowledge can find that out, meanwhile, daily backups!

uaintgotthisid
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by uaintgotthisid » Sat May 28, 2011 10:30 am

Daily backups! Good idea, regular backups should be the norm anyway, but in a volatile environment daily backups are advisable :)

If there are common components causing issues try their forum and ask about the issue, perhaps they have users who have found a solution?
Joomla lover, web designer, marketeer
https://www.squareballoon.co.uk
JOIN US at Joomla! User Group London
https://www.joomlalondon.co.uk

amesab
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by amesab » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:23 pm

Hi
I was just having the same issue.
What I noticed was that before it happen I created bottom menu kind menu.
I was surprised that i had 19 unpublished items in this menu straight away.
when i was trying to add submenu to it i have seen root and then 19 or so others menu items- all starting with com_ xxxxx . I deleted this menu and this was around the same time when my components disapeer . I fixed it by changing # to jos in the code described before and pasting it in php myadmin.
I hope it will help somebody to fix it for good.
Now Akeeba backup.;)

jimbits
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jimbits » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:38 pm

h2mao, you are a life-saver! You made my grumpy wife much happier ... I appreciate it!

jimbits
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jimbits » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:40 pm

Grumpy wife here... In defense of myself, I gave him a winner kiss when he found this!

ginatnoy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ginatnoy » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:15 pm

hy , i run the query and got this - "#1146 - Table '******_jml1.#__menu' doesn't exist
some idea?ariel

wwr
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by wwr » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:38 am

h2mao your post saved me.
I used a shorter code because I needed only the newsfeed section.
Thanks!

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `jos_menu` 
(`id`, `menutype`, `title`, `alias`, `note`, `path`, `link`, `type`, `published`, `parent_id`, `level`, `component_id`, `ordering`, `checked_out`, `checked_out_time`, `browserNav`, `access`, `img`, `template_style_id`, `params`, `lft`, `rgt`, `home`, `language`, `client_id`) VALUES
(13, 'menu', 'com_newsfeeds', 'News Feeds', '', 'News Feeds', 'index.php?option=com_newsfeeds', 'component', 0, 1, 1, 17, 0, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0, 'class:newsfeeds', 0, '', 23, 28, 0, '*', 1),
(14, 'menu', 'com_newsfeeds_feeds', 'Feeds', '', 'News Feeds/Feeds', 'index.php?option=com_newsfeeds', 'component', 0, 13, 2, 17, 0, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0, 'class:newsfeeds', 0, '', 24, 25, 0, '*', 1),
(15, 'menu', 'com_newsfeeds_categories', 'Categories', '', 'News Feeds/Categories', 'index.php?option=com_categories&extension=com_newsfeeds', 'component', 0, 13, 2, 6, 0, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0, 'class:newsfeeds-cat', 0, '', 26, 27, 0, '*', 1);

beevo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by beevo » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Actually I'm using J 2.5 and I got this problem installing an extention rokquickcart. Thanks to H13 I got the menu item back in the admin area. Obviously I edited the extension name where necessary and my db does not have ''jos_" so I edited that too..

UPDATE `jos_menu`
SET `published` = '1',
`component_id` = ( SELECT extension_id
FROM `jos_extensions`
WHERE element = 'com_rokquickcart )
WHERE `title` LIKE '%rokquickcart%';
In my own unique way I am just the same as everyone else :-)

RichyRhino
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by RichyRhino » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:42 pm

Hi

I have run the code and I get the following error: #1054 - Unknown column 'title' in 'field list'

Please Help! :(

GrahamTheHat
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by GrahamTheHat » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:29 pm

RE:
Actually I'm using J 2.5 and I got this problem installing an extention rokquickcart. Thanks to H13 I got the menu item back in the admin area. Obviously I edited the extension name where necessary and my db does not have ''jos_" so I edited that too..

UPDATE `jos_menu`
SET `published` = '1',
`component_id` = ( SELECT extension_id
FROM `jos_extensions`
WHERE element = 'com_rokquickcart )
WHERE `title` LIKE '%rokquickcart%';
Thank you too H13 - not a computer novice but a MySQL / PHP newbie - tried to manually update table entries for Virtuemart in phpMyAdmin but not very successful - copied the code above and pasted into phpMyAdmin "SQL" tab window, changed 'com_rokquickcart' to 'com_virtuemart', jos to jml as my tables are prefixed jml, and %rokquickcart% to %virtuemart% and went "Go" - and now I have Virtuemart and Virtuemart Aio in my Components menu logged into the backend as a Super-Admin - woo hoo ! Now off to try and find out why my installs keep timing out on Dreamhosting server :-(

Thanks again folks

timtecsa
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by timtecsa » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:43 pm

I've had same problem this week on a 3.2 site. First Akeeba Backup went missing, then, today, xtplorer. I installed Admin Tools from Akeeba and ran repair. Seems to fix the Components menu missing items problem.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”