Infinite loop detected in JError

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
marcelovieira
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Infinite loop detected in JError

Post by marcelovieira » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:06 pm

In my case, actually it wasn't really a mistake on the configuration.php.
In order to move my files and the database to the live server, I was forced to create a new database with a different name using the cpanel offered by the host company. So, in the localhost the db name was, say, joomla_client, and i was forced to accept a prefix to the name of the live db which contained the name of the site, say, nameofthesite_joomla_client.
No problems till now, because I just needed to change the name of the $db variable on the configuration file. But, when I tryed to access the live site for the first time, I saw the message "Infinite loop detected in JError". So I found this post here, followed all tha instructions, but nothing changed. Then I decided to start it all over again, deleting the database itself and the db user using the cpanel.
This time, I decided to use the MySQL Database Wizard option in my CPanel, following all the steps to create the db and the user (using the same data I had on my config file). And, for my happiness, everything worked out fine.
Back to my Cpanel, I noticed that the db name AND the user name now appear. Before, the user name wasn't showing.
If you think your configuration file is correct and you're using CPanel or another tool that offers something like a MySQL Database Wizard, give a try. It worked for me.

Marcelo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

unleash_it
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by unleash_it » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:44 pm

Hello Dear Marcelovieira,

thx for posting. i also run into the Infinite loop detected in JError-troubles. Seriouse issues i guess!
marcelovieira wrote:I saw the message "Infinite loop detected in JError". So I found this post here, followed all tha instructions, but nothing changed. Then I decided to start it all over again, deleting the database itself and the db user using the cpanel.
This time, I decided to use the MySQL Database Wizard option in my CPanel, following all the steps to create the db and the user (using the same data I had on my config file). And, for my happiness, everything worked out fine.
Back to my Cpanel, I noticed that the db name AND the user name now appear. Before, the user name wasn't showing.
Well - you suggest to erase the db then build it up again. Well to be honest: that is very very though work.
BUT i will give it a try. I erase the whole MySQL-Database - and then i try to restore it.

I hope i will succeed - this bug is very very annoing! i never ever had such terrible bugs in a fresh install.

Hmmm - if somebody does come up with more solutions - plz. post! I guess that thousands of Joomla-fans from all over the globe wait for a new solution...

greetings jj
regards un-leash,
a big fan for ++ 11 years now: With Joomla you can easily create and extend your website: see the site, that offers you ideas & modules - extensions.joomla.org - it lists over 4000 extensions

robballan
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by robballan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:11 pm

FWIW, I found I got the same infinite loop error message when configuration.php contained

Code: Select all

public $host = 'localhost';
instead of

Code: Select all

public $host = '127.0.0.1';
Still haven't figured out why I can't get Joomla to connect through a socket instead of TCP. phpMyAdmin, for example, works fine either way.

FrankVdb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by FrankVdb » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:09 pm

Hey everyone,
I ran into the same problem. I tried out a lot of solutions (including the ones mentioned in this thread...) but they didn't work. Then I started comparing configuration.php files (old installation and new one after reimporting my site from my laptop back onto my workstation). I noticed that the passwords for the database were different. So make sure that, when reimporting, the database name AND the password are correct... Good luck!
My 2 cents,
Frank

minasaeedi
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by minasaeedi » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:10 am

pe7er wrote:If you use Joomla 1.7 and run into the error Infinite loop detected in JError in Joomla 1.7,
there's probably some setting wrong in the configuration.php.

To get some more detailed information about the error,
edit on the server /libraries/joomla/error/error.php like described here:
http://docs.joomla.org/Infinite_loop_de ... Joomla_1.7
Hello,I'm facing the “Infinite loop detected in JError” for both the front end and back end since a while and unfortunatelly couldn't found out how to fix it.
I have checked Database user, database Name, User Psw, Tmp and log path, etc in my configuration file but by me, everything seems to be as expected and correct.
I also repaired my database once .
I asked my host to give me the dbhost information but they said that I have to put localhost.I didn't know how to find my live server name using control panel.
I also change some code lines in error.php and got a output that I will attach here.I hope someone more experienced in php code can take a look at the error and tell me where the error might be.

I guess it must be something wrong with the session table but I repaired the table once and didn't recognize any error.
I really appreciate any help because I'm not sure how to continue fixing this error.
Please see the attached txt file.
Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Muleiolenimi
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Muleiolenimi » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:52 pm

Hello All,

Thanks for all your various comments and recommendations...

My error resulted after a hard drive crash and copy onto new drive, so both were localhost, and I imagine the same rules of transfer were not followed. So far, I have tried the following:

Replacing (in wamp\phpmyadmin.conf):

<Directory "c:/wamp/apps/phpmyadmin3.4.5/">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
AllowOverride all
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1
</Directory>

by

<Directory "c:/wamp/apps/phpmyadmin3.4.5/">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
AllowOverride all
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

this has no visible effect.

If I go to configuration.php where I'm meant to "find something wrong with the configuration" by double checking "the following variables:"

public $dbtype = 'mysqli'; // if your server doesn't support mysqli, try 'mysql'
public $host = '[some host]';
public $user = '[some database user]';
public $password = '[some password]'; // wrong password could be the cause
public $db = '[some database]';
public $dbprefix = '[someprefix_]';
public $log_path = '/logs';
public $tmp_path = '/tmp';

Still nothing. I compared the file with a fresh stable download and saw no big differences (other than site-specific lines such as "public $fromname = 'trial_OO4';").

In the stable version, there was:
public $display_offline_message = '1';
while my line was empty (tried pasting it in again to no avail)
Likewise, since nothing changed when entering my password here:
public $user = '[some database user]';
I'm still not sure if I'm *actually meant to type in* the password here.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”