Help! Update to Joomla 3.4 failed

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
NotATechGuru
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Help! Update to Joomla 3.4 failed

Post by NotATechGuru » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm

Hi,
When I tried upgrading my site (2.5.28) to the latest version, midway through the installation, it displayed an error. When I try to access my website, it displays this error:
Warning: require_once(/home/usedsca1/public_html/pluginsDSsystemDSmobiledetectorDSmdetect.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/usedsca1/public_html/plugins/system/mobiledetector/mobiledetector.php on line 113

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/usedsca1/public_html/pluginsDSsystemDSmobiledetectorDSmdetect.php' (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php') in /home/usedsca1/public_html/plugins/system/mobiledetector/mobiledetector.php on line 113

EDIT: I am able to access kickstart.php but when I'm at "Restoration of site's main database", I get an error saying it can't connect to MySQL

EDIT 2: I've completed the restoration process but when I try accessing my website (both Front end and Back end) I still get an error message.

Front end error message:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JModel in /home/usedsca1/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/component/model.php on line 508

Back end error message:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method JAdministrator::setHeader() in /home/usedsca1/public_html/libraries/cms/html/behavior.php on line 750

Someone please help me :'( . How can I get my website back?

jcms
I've been banned!

Re: Help! Update to Joomla 3.4 failed

Post by jcms » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:29 am

you can login Phpmyadmin and disable that plugin (enabled = 0), then check more bug.
Did you create an backup version?

NotATechGuru
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Help! Update to Joomla 3.4 failed

Post by NotATechGuru » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:02 am

jcms wrote:you can login Phpmyadmin and disable that plugin (enabled = 0), then check more bug.
Did you create an backup version?
Yes I have created a backup version using Akeebabackup but whenever I try to restore the website, it displays that same message: Fatal Error.

Incidentally, could someone explain how I can disable plugins (as a matter of fact, what plugins do I need to disable) on Phpmyadmin?

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”