Please point me in the right direction

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
mtkinportlodge
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Please point me in the right direction

Post by mtkinportlodge » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:19 am

Hi all,

I have my domain name and hosting account set up with go daddy.com. I have it activated and Joomla installed (not on my computer, but on the hosting account). I have looked at numerous online documentation on how to get rid of the stock "This will be a cool website" my web page says now, and start adding content, but nothing actually seems to give the next steps. I have looked at the Beginner's guide the Joomla, but it just says "Now start adding content:.

Can someone please provide a link to the exact page where, once the hosting account is setup and Joomla installed, how to proceed next. Again, I am not downloading Joomla to my computer, and I don't want to set up any beta test account, so I don't want to set up all these test folders. I just would really like to know how to actually get stuff from Joomla to my website.

Thank you

mtkinportlodge
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Please point me in the right direction

Post by mtkinportlodge » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:21 am

By the way, it is Joomla 1.7 I have installed. Thanks!

mudfly
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Please point me in the right direction

Post by mudfly » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:31 am

I'm in the same boat, except I'm using 1&1. I downloaded Joomla through 1&1 and still trying to figure out how to add content. Guess I need to watch more training videos:)

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”