How to list all the articles of a user when he/her is login

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
xiaogang
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

How to list all the articles of a user when he/her is login

Post by xiaogang » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi, everyone!

I am a newbie in Joomla, and have found out that it is not easy to find out things, and therefore have to come here to seek help.

What I want to do is, add a new menu item to the user menu, so that whenever a registered user login, he/her will see a list of all articles written by that user. How can I do this?

I guess that it may be achieved by creating a category for each user automatically. However, can any one tell me:

1. how to automatically create a category for each user when the user is registering his/her self, and use the user's name as the name of the category?
2. how to automatically associate a category with an article when the user is creating article?

Thanks

mswisher
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: How to list all the articles of a user when he/her is lo

Post by mswisher » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:49 pm

I too am new to Joomla, as I've recently installed it for a second website that I hope to have go live soon. I'm wanting to add users and have those specific users be able to access only their content, so that when logged in, they cannot access anyone's else content except to view it, and not edit it. I am quite familiar with how to do this in WP, but as I said, Joomla is new to me... Thanks for your help in advance!
xiaogang wrote:Hi, everyone!

I am a newbie in Joomla, and have found out that it is not easy to find out things, and therefore have to come here to seek help.

What I want to do is, add a new menu item to the user menu, so that whenever a registered user login, he/her will see a list of all articles written by that user. How can I do this?

I guess that it may be achieved by creating a category for each user automatically. However, can any one tell me:

1. how to automatically create a category for each user when the user is registering his/her self, and use the user's name as the name of the category?
2. how to automatically associate a category with an article when the user is creating article?

Thanks

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”