Update PHP version

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
dellasys
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Update PHP version

Post by dellasys » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:53 pm

I wanted to ask a stupid question .There area some joomla extensions that need php 5.3 above to install. My current php is 5.2 ,and want to update it to 5.3 above.i have uploaded my joomla file to a web hosting .Anyone can teach me step by step how to update the php things ?? Appreciate it a lot !

joomlovenow
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Update PHP version

Post by joomlovenow » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:42 pm

which host are you using? which panel do you have there? the latest php is 5.4 which will increase the php performance by 20% on average.

dellasys
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dellasys » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:18 am

I am using a free web hosting currently which is www.uphero.com with cpanel .I downloaded the php 5.4 tar.gz2 file type, but i don know how to use it .

joomlovenow
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by joomlovenow » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:55 pm

if you are using a free php hosting then you can't change php version on your server. you should ask the server admin to do it for you.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”