Login Forms

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
pdmilton
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Login Forms

Post by pdmilton » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:14 am

Hi,

I am wanting to have two different Login forms on one site. The first is the standard login form with all the global options such as Forgot your passwod? Forgot your username? and Create an account? The second one I want to use should not have the option to create an account. the only place I can see to change the display of this option is a global option, so BOTH login forms would be effected. Does anybody know how to allow TWO login forms with different settings?

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Login Forms

Post by leolam » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:01 am

The Joomla Login module does not allow for unpublishing the registration link
However this can be resolved very easy. You copy the module (module manager> new>login)

and than you ftp to the following file: modules/mod_login/tmpl/default.php and you remove the code in lines 69/76

Code: Select all

<?php
		$usersConfig = JComponentHelper::getParams('com_users');
		if ($usersConfig->get('allowUserRegistration')) : ?>
		<li>
			<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_users&view=registration'); ?>">
				<?php echo JText::_('MOD_LOGIN_REGISTER'); ?></a>
		</li>
		<?php endif; ?>
Than you have no more registration link in that module

Alternatively you might want to look for an alternate login module that provides this feature but we solve this always easy this way if we build a site for a client where "registration" need to be hidden

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”