Frontpage title?

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
sazbaztaz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Frontpage title?

Post by sazbaztaz » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:18 am

Ok, I'm so frustrated now that I cannot withdraw myself! I'm browsing the net for an hour now for a SIMPLE AND ESSENTIAL question.

How the f..k do I set the frontpage TITLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Not the META!
Not the KEYWORDS!
Not the goddamn ROBOTS!
THE TITLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You put these settings in the article options and not the most important one for search engines!? Come on, I cannot believe the developers are so retarded they cannot prioritize between these. I begin realizing why Wordpress is catching up if it's not already better than Joomla.

QueenofHearts
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Frontpage title?

Post by QueenofHearts » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:26 am

You should not take Gods name in vain. And you should not call the developers of Joomla!, (who are providing you Joomla! for free) retards. The developers provide good documentation too.

Joomla! is awesome!

If you would be polite, you will get help on this forum.

I could tell you how to change the Title, but not after a post like that.

Queen

sazbaztaz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by sazbaztaz » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:48 am

Yes, that is true. I was frustrated. I found it under "Page Display Options". But still, don't you think because title, description and keywords (in listed IMPORTANCE ORDER) correlate the settings logically should look like on the image attached. Why not put the title setting to some tenth submenu then?

And, if an article is not listed in a menu how do I set the page title for it? Create a Dummy menu, download an extension etc... for a basic ESSENTIAL setting?! God's name or not, it should be like on the image and included under article settings also.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

QueenofHearts
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by QueenofHearts » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:02 am

Being new to Joomla! why did you not install the sample data?
I do not like you taking my Gods name in vain.
If you are so worried about it why don't you volunteer, to provide documentation for this.

Queen

sazbaztaz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by sazbaztaz » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:10 am

Never mind. Like I said I'm sorry I was frustrated but you should admit it makes more sense like on the pic above? :]

QueenofHearts
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by QueenofHearts » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:22 am

I need to apologize as well, my Dad pointed out to me were I was wrong in being to aggressive on someone elses website, and involving issues that should be left up to the Forum Moderator.

I hope you got it all worked out or get the help you need.

Queen

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”