Add button to template

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
matt777
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Add button to template

Post by matt777 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:35 pm

Hi guys not much of coder, well not at all. I am just wondering about whether someone could tell me how i could add an extra button to the social links section on my template menu. I kind of want to add a sina/weibo button and Miki button instead of having to put them in the footer. However, as the buttons are not in a module position and the template link is controlled from the backened administration folder i have no idea where to look. I am assuming the backend part would be a PHP folder in the admin templates section and i should be able to copy the code of the other buttons to add it. As far as the front button i am assuming the image in controlled by the template css folder. However, really not to sure. Any help would be good, links in the signature.....
Eastern Odyssey | http://www.easternodyssey.com The Definitive Guide to Asia

daviestar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Add button to template

Post by daviestar » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:48 pm

Hey matt777,

In Joomla, navigate to Extensions > Template Manager, choose 'Templates from the submenu, choose your template, then choose 'Edit main page template'. Make sure you copy out the code and save a backup before you mess with it.

You should be able to spot your buttons in there and add new ones.

Cheers,

Dave

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”