Bluehost Vs Godaddy

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
ted77
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Bluehost Vs Godaddy

Post by ted77 » Thu May 16, 2013 9:16 pm

Which is better for my first Joomla site?

arifahmedjoy
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Bluehost Vs Godaddy

Post by arifahmedjoy » Fri May 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Both host are good. But, Bluehost is Definitely more user friendly than Godaddy :)

bradm
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by bradm » Fri May 17, 2013 2:44 pm

Which is better for my first Joomla site?
In my experience in the hosting industry, GoDaddy definitely has a bad reputation among web developers.

Hosting companies can be good for many different reasons. Some have excellent uptime, some have excellent tech support, some have good prices.

What exactly are you looking for in your Joomla hosting?
Please let me know if I can help any further.
Thanks, BradM, with http://www.inmotionhosting.com Support

panafff
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by panafff » Fri May 17, 2013 3:02 pm

In my experience bluehost is better, more user friendly admin panel, up time is good, support is good too and its cheaper than others hostings.

I dont like how go daddy sell the products, admin internface is very complicated even for an experienced web developer.. the services are expensive too.. however, they offer good support.

MillionaireAsia
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by MillionaireAsia » Mon May 20, 2013 11:42 am

Totally agree with previous post. blue host is very very good. Simple to use even for dummies like me and best of all they have a live chat function and the most I ever wait for some help is about 3 minutes.

ionut
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by ionut » Mon May 20, 2013 1:55 pm

I don't really recommend Godaddy as a hosting solution for any kind of website, especially for Joomla.

bradm
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by bradm » Mon May 20, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi ted77,

Have you made a decision yet about who you will host joomla with? If so, I'd be curious to know who you decided to go with and how it's been thus far.

I work for a hosting provider, and it's always interesting to hear about the problems people run into when first getting started, or the really cool features that make their hosting experience really great.

Hope to hear from you!
- Brad

orcastu
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by orcastu » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:48 pm

Hi,

I can say that my most recent experience with Godaddy was not good. I have used them in the past but my first time with Joomla and lots of problems. They seem to have an issue with connection requests from the Joomla administrator. I am now using bluehost one of my other providers and I will see how this goes. I am just testing out Joomla at this point in sandboxes and will be looking at production options down the road.

I will also be looking at some others including siteground and inmotion.

I think bluehost will be fine for low traffic options. I like some of the potential features offered by siteground especially the acceleration options for joomla.

Stuart

ted77
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ted77 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:49 am

bradm wrote:Hi ted77,

Have you made a decision yet about who you will host joomla with? If so, I'd be curious to know who you decided to go with and how it's been thus far.
I work for a hosting provider, and it's always interesting to hear about the problems people run into when first getting started, or the really cool features that make their hosting experience really great.

Hope to hear from you!
- Brad
I decided to go with bluehost

bradm
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by bradm » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:51 pm

ted77, you're back!

I've seen lots of bluehost commercials on [youtube], they are very polished and look good. Have you been hosting with them long enough to be able to say whether or not their services are as smooth as their commercials?

jgress-
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by jgress- » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:42 pm

bluehost is so much better than godaddy for hosting - it's almost not even comparable. brad, i think bluehost is as smooth as their commercials. ;)

of course, i also like rochen a lot too! i haven't tried inmotion yet and i need to. inmotion is a very strong supporter of joomla and it's appreciated!!
Co-author Using Joomla, Second Edition (migration/upgrade included) http://www.usingjoomlabook.com
Find a Joomla User Group (JUG) near you http://community.joomla.org/user-groups.html

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”