[Solved] Redirect User on Registration

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Ellsinore
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

[Solved] Redirect User on Registration

Post by Ellsinore » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:05 pm

I feel kind of stupid clicking the "new topic" button for this, because it's not a new one. It's as old as the hills. But the only suitable solutions I've been able to find involve editing components/com_users/controllers/registration.php -- which we aren't supposed to do. And while I *can* do it, my site(s) are automatically upgraded when new 2.5.* releases are available. Heaven forbid that might happen while I'm away on a long weekend.

I don't need anything fancy. The login module is fine for my purposes -- it redirects on login just fine. But after someone registers, all the emails go out as they should, but the user lands on a blank page that tells them . . . nothing?

I'm guessing that, with all the noise about the problem, the solution is buried somewhere in all the articles/posts/inquiries where the OP is told to find the answer in an extension, or edit the core files. I've downloaded several of the modules/plugins -- not one that I've found handles the redirect on registration. Lots of fancy login modules, though. I don't need fancy. I just need the user to be redirected to a page that tells them they've registered successfully and there are emails on the way.

Yeah, I'm kinda going on -- but the launch of the site I've been working on for the past month is basically stalled by this single issue. Has there been some improvement in this regard that I just haven't found?
Last edited by Ellsinore on Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

FlashRebel

Re: Redirect User on Registration

Post by FlashRebel » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:10 am

This is normaly what u can see after registration.

Is there anything what u miss or want to do different ?
reg.tiff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ellsinore
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Ellsinore » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:43 am

No -- I have a page with the template header, background, etc. But not the form or the message at the top. I'm not using a stock template -- could that be part of the problem?

Just the info message would be fine!

FlashRebel

Post by FlashRebel » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:41 am

Just try to change template for test and you will see if problem is related to template or not.

I have also header and backround, I just grap part of window to show you that msg.

Btw. dont do hacks in core if its really not necesarry, with core hack you will have problem like this in future :)

Ellsinore
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Ellsinore » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:47 am

Yes, it seems it was a template issue, so I've fixed that. Now, it's not sending the notifications to the admins, but I can dig deeper on that! Thanks!

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”