Crowd funding project to extend LTS of 2.5?

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
wbx78
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Crowd funding project to extend LTS of 2.5?

Post by wbx78 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:19 am

Hello,

I suggest the Open Source Matters / Joomla Leadership Team / Production Working Group to raise a campaign to extend long term support of Joomla 2.5.

I think this could
- be a great promotion showing popularity of Joomla
- protect many sites, where money lacks to migrate (especially the installed 3rd party extensions) to new Joomla Version, from being hacked in the future

Reader, please make a comment!

Best

FlashRebel

Re: Crowd funding project to extend LTS of 2.5?

Post by FlashRebel » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:42 am

campaing for keep older version if already new one is out ?
How can someone wanna keep J2.5 if 3.2 is already out ?
This is technology, internet, you can not install one software somewhere and keep it there forever without update.

wbx78
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by wbx78 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:57 am

Hello,

thank you for your reply. I thought I answered your questions in my statement, but again:

> How can someone wanna keep J2.5 if 3.2 is already out ?

Because he got no money. Upgrade is expensive, if
- the extension of 2.5 has no update to 3
- template migration

> This is technology, internet, you can not install one software somewhere and keep it there forever without update.

Sure, but 2-3 additional years aren't forever. If customers have no money for upgrade at the moment, what would you suggest?

Best

FlashRebel

Post by FlashRebel » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:09 am

If somebody dont have money for upgrade, its good idea to choose extensions and template which are free and still active and updated.

Anyways I think that kind of ''customers'' dont need website and it is not good idea that some others will take care about his ''wishes''

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”