Simple theme

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
urbankaos
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Simple theme

Post by urbankaos » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:40 pm

Hi,

Im using RocketTheme at the moment but all I want is a simple layout...
white area in the middle, and the sides where I can put my own background,
similar to what i've got now...
basically added a white block in the background itself but the background file is now massive, where as before I had it tiled...

www.urbankaos.co.uk

as you'll see, the content areas have a slight transparent box around it all, the Menu is separate and so on,
I want a theme thats just all white in the middle, not separate parts and so on,
is there a theme where I can do this?
or coding?
I want the white part to have the black glow on the sides as well,
this is part of the whole background at the moment but I need that glow on the actual coding...

if you understand what I mean, can you reply and let me know,
really want to get this theme sorted asap.

thanks.

(trying to edit this at the moment so you might see something different)

urbankaos
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Simple theme

Post by urbankaos » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:11 pm

I've managed to find the shadow images for the template itself and made them all totally transparent (nothing on them at all) so i've gotten rid of the lines around the content and the shadows etc etc which I think looks perfect, only thing is now, there is too much of gap at the bottom underneath my footer, how can I make this smaller?

also, for the actual template, where do I make the actual article/content but wider, at the moment its on 900, I want it just a little big bigger.....

but STILL need to find out how I can have that white layer part of the template itself, as again, at the moment its part of the background, so the page is taking awhile to loads due to the size... i've also got the logo on the actual background as well as when I use the logo module, it makes all that section too big... wish I was better with coding!

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”