Joomla Login Customizing Messages

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Trailmix12
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla Login Customizing Messages

Post by Trailmix12 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:57 am

Hello,

I am currently the volunteer novice administrator to a Joomla site (version 2.5.19). I have a login screen where users have to login to proceed to the member's only Joomla pages. The address to the page is 'http://.../index.php/log-out

I would like to change the login message that is displayed there because the old message is out of date.

My question is how do I locate the file that changes this login message? I have tried to use the Firefox web developer tools - Tools>>Web Developer>> Inspector to try to locate this file but have not been successful in locating the file where the text exists. I have attached an image showing the a portion of the Firefox Inspector report.

I appreciate any help you can offer to locate file/text. Thank you in advance! :)
Screen Shot 2014-09-20 at 5.47.41 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

xfsgpr
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Joomla Login Customizing Messages

Post by xfsgpr » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:52 am

Please provide a link of your site so that we can tell you where this is. Most likely it is a custom HTML module and you can go to:

Extensions >> Module Manager

Now look for the familiar sounding name here in the list. When you have found it, click on it and see what is in there. You can look in the TYPE column to see what type of module it is.

Trailmix12
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Trailmix12 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:37 am

xfsgpr,

Thank you for your quick reply. :)
The address is http:// poabc.ca/members (please remove spaces after double front slashes)

I have investigated the extension modules and found two login-related "types".
"Members Login" is the only one out of the two that has Public access. As a non-member, without signing in, I believe that the aforementioned module should be the only one of the two that I can view. Is this a fair assumption? Attached is a screenshot of all the modules available.

If "Members Login" is the module I should focus on, how do I locate the file? Can you gain any insight from the link I sent?

Again, many many thank yous! :)
Screen Shot 2014-09-20 at 7.28.30 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

xfsgpr
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by xfsgpr » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:13 am

Yes it is the Member's Login Module. To oppen it just click on it and you will see some code or text in the editor window. It should be pretty easy to edit it as it will be very much like any Microsoft Word document with some code of course.

Anyway try it and let us know if you need any help with it.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”