Still new to Joomla

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Brad88
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Still new to Joomla

Post by Brad88 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:54 pm

I was working on adding an image to an article that has other images already on it and after deleting the image I added, The page laid out differently. Pictures and immediately following text were in a table format and after deleting the image I had added, the rest of the images are now in a list style format. I want to put it back into the table format but not sure how because as far as I know, I didn't change anything. Would like to get help fast to fix this. I'm sure someone has already posted something like this but I was unable to find it using search and don't really have time to surf all the pages to find this probably easy fix.

I'm sure that it has something to do with editing content in the article but not sure what to change.

jcms
I've been banned!

Re: Still new to Joomla

Post by jcms » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:02 pm

I think you can add image via your editor (JCE). Can you find the image from media or images folder?

Brad88
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Brad88 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:14 pm

I don't need to get the image i deleted back, but I need to get the existing images back to a table format with the text for each one immediately below its corresponding image.

The images are photos of people with a short list of questions and answers below each one. Need them to line up three to a row as they were before I deleted the other photo and obviously something with that I should not have.

Brad88
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Brad88 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:58 pm

I really don't want to have to recreate the whole article just to what simple html coding problem that I have created for myself. I have been trying different things but nothing seems to help using the TinyMCE editor for the article.

I'm sure that it has to be something really easy that I'm overlooking, but would greatly appreciate some help so I fix this right away tomorrow.

Thanks.

Brad88
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Brad88 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:45 pm

Still need some help here, please.

The original page had this style of set up using the TinyMCE editor:
Picture Picture Picture
text text text

Picture Picture Picture
text text text

Picture Picture
text text

Unfortunately, I added a picture and text at the end but the picture and text were not sized the same so I deleted them. That created my problem, because now the page sets up like this:
Picture
text

Picture
text

Picture
Text

etc...

I need to get it back to the original but do not know what to do make it happen.

See my newer related post about picture not aligning properly!

Brad88
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Brad88 » Thu May 21, 2015 1:34 pm

I have found the problem and the issue is solved at this time. Thanks to all who responded.

jessicasclound9
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jessicasclound9 » Sun May 24, 2015 10:15 pm

Brad88 wrote:I have found the problem and the issue is solved at this time. Thanks to all who responded.

Hmm.. I think I'm having a similar problem. Could you please explain how you went about solving the issue? Thank you :)

Brad88
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Brad88 » Thu May 28, 2015 7:47 pm

I've been in the process of working on a test site using a backup of the live site that I took and was able to open the article up in the admin side and fount that a </div class> was accidentally deleted when I deleted the new picture I had added. If you have a backup that dates to before your problem started, I would start there. Otherwise, in the JCE editor for the article, click the toggle editor so you can examine the html code. Once there, look to make sure that every opening html tag (ex. <div>) has a closing tag to go with it (ex. </div>).

Having the backup is what ultimately helped me find it once I got the test working and inspecting and comparing the html code in both the live site and test site. Can be tedious but was my only solution because the person who set it up is no longer available.

Hope this helps you find the solution.

jessicasclound9
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jessicasclound9 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:04 am

I appreciate the quick response. This is for one of my client's sites actually and apparently he went ahead and added/deleted something its hard to spot such a minor error in a mass of html code. I think I'm about to just call it quits and take your advice regarding a backup.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”