global configuration settings stuck

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
saree
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

global configuration settings stuck

Post by saree » Sat May 02, 2015 3:29 pm

hello, I am trying to change SEO and metadata settings in the global configuration. When I try to click "save" or "save and close", nothing happens, like the page is frozen. Could someone tell me how to fix this? Thanks

goldengravel
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: global configuration settings stuck

Post by goldengravel » Sat May 02, 2015 7:59 pm

There can a lot of reasons for that.Is this the only place on site where this thing happen?

Firefox and the plugin Firebug are very helpful, it shows you what is happening on your site and javascript errors.
JEmbedAll embeds videos, images, documents, Joomla Community Builder advanced searches and all you need for your website

saree
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: global configuration settings stuck

Post by saree » Sat May 02, 2015 8:52 pm

Thanks for the reply golden gravel. I will look into the suggestions that you made. Yes, this is the only place on the site where this is happening.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”