Component Not Getting Copied While Copying Site

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Eddie9999
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Component Not Getting Copied While Copying Site

Post by Eddie9999 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:11 pm

I have a component on my joomla control panel that enables me to upload a csv file to populate a databasce used in the website. I had someone copy this joomla website to another server, but this tool was not copies with it. How do i get this tool on the copied version?
Last edited by imanickam on Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed the Subject from "tool for uploading csv files in control panel" to a one that reflects the problem described in the Message Body.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: tool for uploading csv files in control panel

Post by imanickam » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:20 am

If you copy both the file structure and database content of the existing site then the component would be available on the copied site.

You could check whether the extensions such as Akeeba Backup (http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... eba-backup) would be of help.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”