Total Newbie - New article has no fomatting

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
morrismc
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Total Newbie - New article has no fomatting

Post by morrismc » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:16 pm

Hi, I am new to Joomla, and I am taking over a Joomla site...

although I am experienced in other web applications I can not figure out why my new page has none of the modules I have on all the other pages, i.e. contact us (side nav area), footer, etc. I am sure this is something super simple but I have not been able to solve it for a week now... I have added it to categories, menus, etc. and compared it to the setting of other articles and to no avail...

this is the troublesome page http://www.americanecotech.com/Air-Qual ... ators.html

it should look like http://www.americanecotech.com/ozone-an ... pment.html

Thanks for your help,
Natalie

xfsgpr
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Total Newbie - New article has no fomatting

Post by xfsgpr » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:31 pm

You need login to your Joomla Dashboard/Backend and then open the module or modules one by one and then make sure under Menu Assignment it says: "On All Pages"

this will fix your problem immediately but it might create some other problems like Modules appearing on pages where you don't need them.

So you need to go back and re-configure it so that it says "Only on Pages selected"

You then need to select the pages where the module should appear.

Anyway, I have given you a hint what to look for.

Good luck.

morrismc
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Total Newbie - New article has no fomatting

Post by morrismc » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:54 pm

Thanks!

I had actually done that about a million times and it didn't work but this time I checked yes for "Include no Itemid" and it worked!!! I have no idea what that means or if i should be adding an item ID somewhere but it worked :-)

Thanks Joomla! Guru!

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”