Website on Safari

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
aaval002
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Website on Safari

Post by aaval002 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:27 pm

My website shows on Firefox, Chrome, IE Explorer, but not on Safari. Any tips on how to make this work?

Running: Joomla! 2.5.28

Additionally, the error that safari displays says: kCFErrorDomainWinSock:10054

Thanks. :D
Last edited by toivo on Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: mod note: moved to the 2.5 forum - please post to the correct forum in the future

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Website on Safari

Post by imanickam » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:28 pm

The error you are encountering has nothing to do with Joomla!

There are several sites on the net (https://www.google.co.in/webhp?sourceid ... k%3A10054') that list the solution to this issue.

Note: Be informed that Joomla! 2.5 is no longer supported. The current version of Joomla! is 3.5.1.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

aaval002
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Website on Safari

Post by aaval002 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:01 pm

imanickam wrote:The error you are encountering has nothing to do with Joomla!

There are several sites on the net (https://www.google.co.in/webhp?sourceid ... k%3A10054') that list the solution to this issue.

Note: Be informed that Joomla! 2.5 is no longer supported. The current version of Joomla! is 3.5.1.
Thank you for the response.

You are correct, I realized this was because I was using Safari via the Windows platform.

I am trying to replicate the issue, but I don't have a MAC, but all MAC users are still unable to access the site. :(

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”