Joomla & Mr G. Search Console

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
ToastyXxX
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla & Mr G. Search Console

Post by ToastyXxX » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:52 am

Hi Team,

Am new on this forum and just got introduced to Joomla very recently.

After doing a lot of research online, I stumbled across this forum, which I have already bookmarked :D

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any answers to my problem.

Am currently working on a site that seems to be old and very outdated (Joomla! Version Joomla! 2.5.17 Stable [ Ember ] 18-December-2013 14:30 GMT)

I am currently trying to connect basic Google tools but have been quite unsuccessful with GSC, while having no problem with GA and GTM. My main issue is with the Search Console, which returns "The connection to your server timed out." error for any verification methods (I've tried all of them).

Could you please lead me towards the right direction?
Last edited by imanickam on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved the topic from the forum Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 3.x to the forum General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Joomla & Mr G. Search Console

Post by AMurray » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:34 am

Perhaps the out of date Joomla is part of the problem, but it also would be relevant to check your hosting service, since Google is saying the time out is with *your server* (being that your server/hosting is not responding to any request from Google Console.

I would first focus on updating the site to the current, supported Joomla version (3.9.23) Then worry about SEO.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”