I can't view / edit as administrator

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
eaduniversity
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

I can't view / edit as administrator

Post by eaduniversity » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:28 pm

Hi,
access my administrator account in Joomla 2.5, it does not allow me to view or edit the articles. I get the following message; You are not permitted to use that link to directly access that page.
Pic, Capture1

The page shows the following message; You are not authorized to view this resource. It only allows me to see the photos, it does not allow me to see the menus.
Pic, Capture2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: I can't view / edit as administrator

Post by AMurray » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:29 pm

I haven't used Joomla 2.5 in 9 years so memory is a little hazy.

I am not sure what the problem is - you are logged on as a super user (not simply 'administrator')?

Can you access other areas of the site like Global configuration etc. Maybe try the "fix database" or "global check in" (I'm just guessing here). Also clear your browser cache, try other browsers.

There's many references on Google to the error, I would suggest trying some of the suggested solutions. (too many to list here).
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

eaduniversity
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: I can't view / edit as administrator

Post by eaduniversity » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:37 pm

Thank you very much for the information.
The browser cache was cleaned, also "global check in" and individual "check in", clear cache and check database "Fix". still continue with the problem

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”