Cache ONLY one or two pages?

Discussion regarding Joomla! 2.5 Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
i0wi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Cache ONLY one or two pages?

Post by i0wi » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:14 pm

Hi guys,
I have a problem which none of the addons seems to be able to solve.
I have around 250 contacts in 30 categories on my website (growing at about 2-3 users/month) and I have a page which I need dynamically updated. I am using the "component as content" plugin which calls around 30 "contact" pages and fills the tables, but this seems to be too much for the webserver to handle. A great solution would be to cache this page only, but all the components/plugins allow me to EXCLUDE only certain pages from caching. Since this is basically a content page, I can't exclude com_content because I have way too many pages...
Any smart suggestions? :)

sitesrus
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Cache ONLY one or two pages?

Post by sitesrus » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:32 pm

I'm sorry I don't understand,

How are you listing your contacts and why can't you use built in joomla contact listing? Use built in Joomla and opcode caching and mysql query caching (if on vps or dedicated).

website url, screenshots, better explanation please.
I like working with Joomla :). I offer the following professional services: Custom extension development, SEO/marketing, maintenance/support, security and WCAG audits, and will work on websites at a reasonable rate.

i0wi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by i0wi » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:55 am

Hello saasideas,
thanks for your reply although this thread is quite old.
I've managed to solve this particular problem (changed the page type/structure), so it's pointless to describe this one in more detail, but it would be nice to know if it is generally possible to specify which pages to cache and automatically not cache all the others - sort of a cache-whitelist :)
Thanks!

sitesrus
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by sitesrus » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:52 pm

You can disable modules manually from caching in their settings, but otherwise no. You can using an extensions like jotcache in the JED and with some modifications you can probably achieve what you're after.

Otherwise modules and plugins can be controlled, not sure about fine grained component control though in Joomla itself.
I like working with Joomla :). I offer the following professional services: Custom extension development, SEO/marketing, maintenance/support, security and WCAG audits, and will work on websites at a reasonable rate.

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 2.5”