Problems after migrating to new server

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
dvharrison
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Problems after migrating to new server

Post by dvharrison » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:11 am

Hi

I upgraded our website form 1.5 to 2.5 at the start of this year with no problems and all was great until (as far as I can make out) our hosting provider migrated us to a new server.

Now, there are regular occasions where we cannot log into our admin panel. We use the same admin and password and click login but nothing happens, it just remains at the login page with no warnings or errors or anything.

I have taken a look at the error logs and all I can find is:

Code: Select all

[DATE TIME] [error] [client IP.Address.Given] PHP Warning:  Illegal string offset 'active' in /our/destination/to/templates/atomic/html/pagination.php on line 94

[DATE TIME] [error] [client IP.Address.Given] PHP Warning:  Illegal string offset 'active' in /our/destination/to/templates/templates/atomic/html/pagination.php on line 100 
Are these two issues related in some way? The other error report under /logs/ show a lot of :

Code: Select all

Joomla FAILURE: Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.
Please could anyone shed any light?

Many thanks in advance.

dvharrison
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Problems after migrating to new server

Post by dvharrison » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:12 am

So far we have put this down to an issue on the server side because even the hosting company are scratching their heads.

I would appreciate any help, but if they come up with the solution in the meantime, I shall post it on here.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 2.5”