403 Errors - My ENTIRE site is down. Help???

Discussion regarding Joomla! 2.5 Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
lmcdade
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

403 Errors - My ENTIRE site is down. Help???

Post by lmcdade » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:19 pm

Web host: estreet.com
Joomla version: 2.5

Please, someone help me. I'm a technology intern, and something has gone very wrong on my watch. At 12:04, I successfully set up a local server in Dreamweaver and tried to GET the configuration.php file so it could be made writable again. It said it couldn’t and asked if I wanted to skip the file, and when I clicked yes, it brought up a blank file, which I then closed. I went to the website to ensure FTP was enabled at approximately 12:07, and began getting 403 errors. When I try to connect via FTP, the client says the password is incorrect.

I can't access the administrator page or any of the webpages.

I've tried from different computers and different web browsers. I've cleared my cache. I've contacted the webhost, but so far have received no response. Do any of you have suggestions as to what I can try. I'm very new the CMS and without FTP to access the root or access to the backend, I'm at a loss.

Any help would be appreciated. :'(

jcms
I've been banned!

Re: 403 Errors - My ENTIRE site is down. Help???

Post by jcms » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:07 am

reset pass via phpmyadmin and login again?

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 2.5”