home/root/ suddenly added to URL of one section of website

Discussion regarding Joomla! 2.5 Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
blcknyt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

home/root/ suddenly added to URL of one section of website

Post by blcknyt » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:47 pm

I have a news articles section to my website. Over the weekend, the URL for any of those articles and the entire News section changed. It used to read websitename.com/news but now it reads websitename.com/home/root/news. This has messed up any links prior to this past weekend, as well as my RSS feed. The rest of the website is fine and unchanged. Only the News section changed. How can I remove the home/root/ from this one section's URLs?

blcknyt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: home/root/ suddenly added to URL of one section of websi

Post by blcknyt » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:33 pm

I just realized I had this exact same issue two or three years ago with my previous version of Joomla. Going through my own notes, I found the solution. I accessed the menu's back-end through the PHP settings on the hosting site, went to the menu section, found were it said "/home/root/news" and removed the "home/root/" portion. Seems to be working now. I only wish I knew why this keeps happening every few years...

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 2.5”